Wireless AP + Multiple SSID's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
techweenie2000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been fighting with the main problem in this thread all damn day. I have a WZR-HP-G300NH2 that I configured with 2 SSIDs for a customer at my house. It worked perfectly fine here, but when I took it to the customer and changed the LAN IP to match their network, the guest network never worked. I reset the router several times and reconfigured every setting paying extra close attention to every minute detail but still nothing. I have it working again at my house but it's configured the exact same way it was on-site, except for the LAN IP. Any thoughts on what could cause this? It has to sit behind a SonicWall so could it be possible that firewall is blocking something?

For the record, it is configured as an access point with WAN disabled and unused. The firewall commands I used are
Code:
iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu
iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -d `nvram get lan_ipaddr`/`nvram get lan_netmask` -m state --state NEW -j DROP
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o br0 -j SNAT --to `nvram get lan_ipaddr`
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p udp --dport 67 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p udp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT

Those firewall commands work fine at my house, but do not at the customer and NOTHING changes but the LAN IP (and gateway, obviously).
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
techweenie2000 wrote:
Those firewall commands work fine at my house, but do not at the customer and NOTHING changes but the LAN IP (and gateway, obviously).

And probably DNS unless you're using a public DNS server at both locations. Telnet/SSH to the router after you've configured at the customer's location and make sure that the router can ping google.com, if the router can't ping the neither will the VAP clients.

The firewall script is alright but you don't need those port 67 and 53 rules unless you're going to block other input to the router.

Yogi76
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
Use my guide instead and just be sure to follow the WAP specific instructions.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Multiple_WLANs

I was able to use this guide to get it setup and working. I now have the router configured as a WAP with two WLANs, one for the main users and one for guests. The guests can get on the Internet, but cannot see the main network. Everything is working great there.

My question is, how can I now limit bandwidth usage for the guest network in this setup? Since the router is configured as a WAP, I'm thinking traditional QoS settings won't work. Is this correct?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: