help Install in TP-Link MR3220 v1.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
sohaib17
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
MDE wrote:
Hey guys, I'm unfortunately having the same issue. Error code 18005 when installing factory-to-ddwrt.bin

I have tried every single solution in this thread without success.

I tried all the different stock versions from TP-Link and every single bin from all folders since 2012.

Any other solutions you guys can think of?

TP-Link MR3220 V1

First downgrade to this TP-Link official firmware..

http://www.tp-link.com/Resources/software/TL-MR3220_V1_120523.zip

Then update using the link given by nfredrik..

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/01-24-2013-r20548/tplink_tl-mr3220v1/

Once done.. you can update to the latest dd-wrt from official database.
Sponsor
TheMafioso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was finally able to install DD-WRT on my 3220, yay, thanks to all the information in this thread Smile

One question though, is there anyway I can install torrent client on this router. I do realize its only 4MB flash Sad but anyway I can put it on the router ?
haydent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
i had the latest tplink firmware, and the router database file wouldnt load for said error.

then i just loaded the latest 'brain slayer' file from additional downloads here:
http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F

and it worked first go Very Happy
markstevens
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried each method in this thread but I can't still install the DD-WRT firmware.

Like few post above, I first click restore factory default then I have successfully installed the tplink firmware (120523) but then when I tried to install a old DD-WRT firmware (eg: 19342) it gave the error like everyone get.

What will I should do to install it?.

thanks
EJE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 23:13    Post subject: TL-MR3220 ver.1.2 - FW files to avoid error "18005" Reply with quote
Spidex wrote:
unight wrote:
still getting the same error, wath exact file I need to "unlock" dd-wrt flashing??

The file is called exactly 3220-factory-to-ddwrt.bin

This is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/08/12) std - build 19342

I got that file from this site last year but for some reason can't locate it anymore. I have it on my PC it's almost 4 MB

This is my first posting:
I'm looking for help to obtain the proper files like "factory-to-DD_WRT.bin" and procedure, as I have had no success - explained below.

I live in Brazil and my Tp-Link TL-MR3220 ver.1.2 was purchased in Dec/2011. This model is still being sold here (as 2017, frequently ver 2.x), mostly due to its competitive price for a 3G/3.75G dual WAN fail-over feature.
I have done official firmware upgrade on MR3220: FW# 121123.
More recently decided to try DD-WRT on it, planning to use it as AP and to learn more about network & routing.
After reading this Topic, tried FW migration, but got that same error message
"Error code: 18005 Upgrade unsuccessfully Because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name."
Tentavilely I downgraded it to FW#120523, cleared NVRAM by 30/30/30 reset, all have failed so far. Also downloaded referred "Archivio.zip" and contained files didn't work either.
Due to longer time span (27 months) since last post in this topic, I believe some links might be dead, as I can't find a file that had exactly the mentioned name.

Also, as mentioned:

sohaib17 wrote:
MDE wrote:
Hey guys, I'm unfortunately having the same issue. Error code 18005 when installing factory-to-ddwrt.bin

I have tried every single solution in this thread without success.

I tried all the different stock versions from TP-Link and every single bin from all folders since 2012.

Any other solutions you guys can think of?

TP-Link MR3220 V1

First downgrade to this TP-Link official firmware..

http://www.tp-link.com/Resources/software/TL-MR3220_V1_120523.zip

Downgraded FW, but not effective to avoid error 18005, at least with downloaded/available "factory-to-dd_wrt.bin" files.

sohaib17 wrote:

Then update using the link given by nfredrik..

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/01-24-2013-r20548/tplink_tl-mr3220v1/

Once done.. you can update to the latest dd-wrt from official database.

Appears to be a dead FTP link (error 550) and Googling similar file was futile...

Based on all that, regarding TL-MR3220 ver.1.2 could you (or someone else):
(1) Please post the correct/updated files/links for a successful initial migration (TP-Link >> DD-WRT)?

(2) Please suggest (and provide link) an DD-WRT build version that is stable (no memory leaks, etc) and where 3G/4G modem would work?

Thank you very much!!!

P.S. I could not solve the repetition in the title. As "newbie" to forums, please forgive any typing/formating errors I might have done. I would appreciate any constructive comment about it.
JannieT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 18:29    Post subject: Desperate for help Reply with quote
I have the exact same need as EJE and markstevens. This is such a useful thread, but all the vital links are now dead. Can Spidex or nfredrik or sohaib17 or TheMafioso or haydent or gialandra please look to see if they can still find the reset file 3220-factory-to-ddwrt.bin that they once downloaded on their local drive? The file is not on the internet anymore. If you still can get hold of a copy, please try and make it available to others or try and send it directly to me and I will publish it. The forum Personal Message feature takes attachments, but I'm not sure if it will allow 4 MB.

Puhleeeeaaaase! The community will be soooo thankful.
umtaldedorfo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:00    Post subject: Solution Reply with quote
Guys, after so much problems i finally bring the solution. Just download these files and upgrade the router.

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2014/12-22-2014-r25697/tplink_tl-mr3220v1/

Cool Cool Cool
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: