RT-AC56U and Full AC-Speed, now only 173Mbps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
proguru
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 15:02    Post subject: RT-AC56U and Full AC-Speed, now only 173Mbps Reply with quote
Hi. I flashed my router to DD-WRT and unfortunately found it to be quite slow. Original AsusWRT and Merlin both connected at full speed, but DD-WRT shows only 173 Mbps.

I have search the internet about other similar topics, but none of those helped me. Whatever I choose in Wireless settings keeps the connection slow.

Also, I can't change the 5GHz wireless channel number.

Sponsor
d8ni3l
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:24    Post subject: Re: RT-AC56U and Full AC-Speed, now only 173Mbps Reply with quote
proguru wrote:
Hi. I flashed my router to DD-WRT and unfortunately found it to be quite slow. Original AsusWRT and Merlin both connected at full speed, but DD-WRT shows only 173 Mbps.

I have search the internet about other similar topics, but none of those helped me. Whatever I choose in Wireless settings keeps the connection slow.

Hi there,

I am currently experience the same issue and a big drop of speed. Did you manage to solve it or revert back to original Asus firmware? It seems that I am unable to revert back no matter what I try.
proguru
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:59    Post subject: Re: RT-AC56U and Full AC-Speed, now only 173Mbps Reply with quote
d8ni3l wrote:
proguru wrote:

Hi there,

I am currently experience the same issue and a big drop of speed. Did you manage to solve it or revert back to original Asus firmware? It seems that I am unable to revert back no matter what I try.

Hi. I never solved this issue and finally flashed the original ASUS firmware and haven't played with this router anymore since. Reverting back was not a problem for me, renamed the original firmware image's file extension and flashed it.
d8ni3l
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:05    Post subject: Re: RT-AC56U and Full AC-Speed, now only 173Mbps Reply with quote
proguru wrote:
d8ni3l wrote:
proguru wrote:

Hi there,

Hi. I never solved this issue and finally flashed the original ASUS firmware and haven't played with this router anymore since. Reverting back was not a problem for me, renamed the original firmware image's file extension and flashed it.

Thank you for your response. I am unable to revert it back as it says successfully upgraded but in the end it still remains as DDWRT.

Can you kindly advise me on the steps you took to revert? What did you rename the original firmware image file extension to?

Seeking your kind advise, I am not really a techy here.

Also, which version is the original stock firmware? Or the latest firmware will also do?
proguru
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 13:08    Post subject: Re: RT-AC56U and Full AC-Speed, now only 173Mbps Reply with quote
d8ni3l wrote:

Thank you for your response. I am unable to revert it back as it says successfully upgraded but in the end it still remains as DDWRT.

Can you kindly advise me on the steps you took to revert? What did you rename the original firmware image file extension to?

Also, which version is the original stock firmware? Or the latest firmware will also do?

This was quite a straight forwards thing for me, luckily, so I don't remember much details. It has been a couple of months...

What I remember was renaming the file's extension...
I downloaded the latest ASUS-WRT from http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC56U/HelpDesk_Download/

The original firmware file has .trx, but the DD-WRT accepts .bin extension only, right?
Then flashing this file went just fine.
d8ni3l
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 13:13    Post subject: Re: RT-AC56U and Full AC-Speed, now only 173Mbps Reply with quote
proguru wrote:
d8ni3l wrote:

This was quite a straight forwards thing for me, luckily, so I don't remember much details. It has been a couple of months...

What I remember was renaming the file's extension...
I downloaded the latest ASUS-WRT from http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC56U/HelpDesk_Download/

The original firmware file has .trx, but the DD-WRT accepts .bin extension only, right?
Then flashing this file went just fine.

Hmmm. I uploaded my DDWRT as a trx file, originally from their router database. Alright, I shall try renaming the trx file to bin. Wish me luck.

Thank you so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: