WAN port on Buffalo WHR-300hp2 doesnt work on current builds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Twilight-Arbo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 19:41    Post subject: WAN port on Buffalo WHR-300hp2 doesnt work on current builds Reply with quote
Last build to work was 24461. Making a new thread with topic that matches the actual issue. Previous discussion can be found at the link below, devs can close as is necessary.

Apparently the router has been broken on all current builds for quite some time. Some people were still recommending updating not knowing this but 24461 was the last working build. This is a shame as one of the new features I want is on a newer build and I can flash to it and verify that feature works but the WAN dies when I upgrade. Is there a way to fix this or backport the AOSS button feature so it will work?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=282653&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Sponsor
yoder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:00    Post subject: Re: WAN port on Buffalo WHR-300hp2 doesnt work on current bu Reply with quote
Twilight-Arbo wrote:
Last build to work was 24461. Making a new thread with topic that matches the actual issue. Previous discussion can be found at the link below, devs can close as is necessary.

Thanks for starting this new thread. It should help us who are struggling with this issue with the WHR-300hp2s.

Yesterday I tried to peruse the changes made to the source from the "last build to work" (LBTW) to the first non-working build, and I could see a few changes that might have impacted the WAN port of the WHR-300hp2, but there wasn't enough context with the change reports to know which, if any made the difference with my limited knowledge. Just to peruse the changes is nearly impossible, because of the sheer number of changes from June to October of last year, and the meaningless comments attached to most commits. I tried to look at commits that seemed most likely to make a difference, but that wasn't really possible.

If one could get the code base for the LBTW, and compare it against the code base for the next non-working build, he might be able to find the offending change with a compare tool. I tried to do that, but I could not get the code bases, either because I am not familiar enough with Git to do that, or else the size of the repository prevented it.

If someone knows how to get the code bases for the two builds, and could make those available in Zip files, I would be happen to run a compare against the two and look through the code again to see if I could find something that can explain the problem with the WAN port.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I understand your concerns and the line of reasoning in finding out the commit after 24461 that introduced the WAN bug. But even if you would find it, it's very hard to bring it to the devs' attention and to get a fix on it. I've been opening and reopening reasonably well explained tickets for several months now, I've even provided fixed code in attached files, but I get no reply. We are very much ignored on Trac, I have no idea why is that. It's really frustrating to see that you've found a bug, properly described it, found a fix, made the changes yourself, uploaded the fixed file, and still nobody takes that into consideration...
yoder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your comment. It is starting to look like it might be time to look for a different model. Crying or Very sad

Gil
Twilight-Arbo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
At this point Id be happy with an unofficial patched version that works or anything. A different model may work but none of them that I know fit the niche that this one perfectly fills. No doubt a ≈$30 router (amazon) will all the features DD-WRT gives is awesome for so many things (especially considering it can be so easily flashed through the UI from stock). If it wont work then that's a shame.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: