DIR-615 and QoS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Limace
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 19:44    Post subject: DIR-615 and QoS Reply with quote
Hello,

I've noticed something weird with my DIR-615 H1 (on wich I installed DD-WRT V24-SP2 05/06/2015).
I tried to configure QoS to prevent saturation of my network because of the P2P :
WAN
HTB
Service name = bitorrent and priority = Bulk.

After, enable or disable QoS doesn't change anything.

But, if I check the option "Catch all P2P protocols" and if I disable QoS, QoS seems to work : when downloading through utorrent, if I download other files by direct link with my browser, or if I stream videos, speeds (down and up) will become almost null.
And if I enable QoS, speeds will go back to their maximum, independently of my streaming or my other downloads.

I don't think it's normal but am I alone in this case ?
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you see this ? http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4093
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
on an idle connection what down/up speeds to u actually get from the isp? & can u post a screenshot of the qos page

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Limace
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
on an idle connection what down/up speeds to u actually get from the isp? & can u post a screenshot of the qos page

Around 11Mbps (down and up speed).
Here the qos page :

[/img]

Thanks
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
u dont have queuing discipline option, probably cause of the kernel 3.2 its probably running..so use hfsc instead of htb. if ur expecting to limit the p2p device u can by ip or mac & would be better than using services to give the chosen service a "priority". a lots of the services are dated & either dont work at all, work too much (over matching) or dont work enough (under matching).

u mentioned "p2p" not torrenting, just picking bittorrent wont match to other p2p programs, such as emule, kazzaa (is that still around?) etc, ud have to add more services for the particular programs in use, if in the list.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: