Is my F5D8235-4 v2 having hardware issue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:51    Post subject: Is my F5D8235-4 v2 having hardware issue? Reply with quote
A few days ago, my F5D8235-4 v2 started to behave strangely. I can't access my router anymore. The router was setup as an AP in bridge mode with wifi disabled, i.e. Internet to LAN instead of WAN. My other devices that were connected to the LAN were working fine hence the switch function is OK but I can't access the webGUI nor can I ping the router via the router's LAN port. I reset the router to factory default by pressing the reset button but WAN can't get any IP from DHCP on my modem router. However, wifi is still working and I can login webGUI using wifi but no internet access since the router can't get an IP for the WAN. It seems like switch IC is working but the switch IC can't communicate with the router's CPU. Does it sounds like a hardware issue? Is there any way for me to test it to confirm? Any help is appreciated!

P.S. I can still upgrade the firmware via wifi and I have tried various build such as r24461 and now it is using r25760.

Update: Problem exist even on bootloading. Try to flash router using serial console and tftp during bootloading but LAN is not accessible. Seems like the only use of the router is Repeater or Repeater bridge now.
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just realized that the Wireless MAC of my F5D8235-4 v2 is same as the WAN MAC. The Wireless MAC used to be same as the LAN MAC, I believe. The router is setup in Repeater mode currently as the WAN and LAN ports are not working as explained in my previously post. Could this cause the problem of the non-working WAN and LAN ports? Any help is most appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: