Toolchains download links are broken

gibmat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 19:44    Post subject: Toolchains download links are broken Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm trying to build dd-wrt from source. Using the wiki page at <http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Development>, I get to the section where I download the toolchains. It states "You'll need the 3.4.6 and 4.1.0 mipsl uclibc toolchains. They are available at [[1]] for x86 users. There is also a ppc version in the download section at [[2]]."

However, those links are broken:

[[1]] <https://secure.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/sourcecode/toolchains/current-toolchains.tar.bz2>
[[2]] <https://secure.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/sourcecode/toolchains/toolchains.darwin.ppc.sp1.tar.bz2>

In the past I've successfully downloaded the toolchains and built dd-wrt from its source using the steps on this wiki page.

Could someone point me to the correct links for the current toolchains and then also update this wiki page as well?
Sponsor
rocket
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

All toolchains are now in one package:
wget ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/toolchains/toolchains.tar.xz

For decompress use xz-tools.

For compile for my WR1043ND I use now this toolchain:
"toolchain-mipsel_gcc-linaro_uClibc-0.9.32" It works in a Debian PC and I can compile kernel modules.

Regards! Wink
gibmat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah, thanks so much!
rocket
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
gibmat wrote:
Ah, thanks so much!

You welcome!

I hope main developers of DD-WRT with read all messages in this forum... I suggest several times relevant things, and only sometimes I found a response.
Sad
mlt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could someone make the one for ARM with musl 1.1.8 available? I just downloaded the archive, but it has no musl 1.1.8 that is used in recent firmwares Sad

Or is there a link explaining how to build a compatible toolchain? I used to use standalone from musl-cross. However for that I had to patch gcc to use alternative interpreter and musl to ignore LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I'd rather stick with system-wide.

Thanks!

P.S. I noticed that svn 27096 was built with gcc 4.7 and musl 1.1.8 while older 24461 was built with gcc 4.9 and musl 1.1.2 . Why is there a version regression for gcc?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: