Linksys WRT54G V3.1 S/N CDF9 Bricked!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
nutrition_man2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:45    Post subject: Linksys WRT54G V3.1 S/N CDF9 Bricked! Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm new here, was able to flash my Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 with v24 Beta to use the "Repeater" function and it works great on that router.
But I have an older Linksys WRT54G V3.1 router and was trying to flash that with dd-wrt v24. I made the mistake of trying to flash with the 3.5 MB file instead of the "mini" file and that bricked my Linksys router through the GUI interface.
The standard blinking power LED. The Linksys revival technique (hold down the reset button) did not work.
I resorted to surgery -- from various searches and forums, I read that you could try opening the box, shorting pins 15+16, 16+17, or 16+wire to antenna ground when turning on the power. Had a ping at 192.168.1.1 running, but could not get any data transfer with any shorting of the pins on the flash memory chip.

At this point, I saw there is a JTAG procedure, which involves a soldering iron, so I'm reluctant to go that route. I don't necessarily have to get this router in working condition again, since my Buffalo is working fine, but now it's more of an academic exercise to figure out how to get my Linksys operating again. At least to make it tftp flashable with the default Linksys firmware -- then I'll progressively try flashing the dd-wrt.

Anyone who can help, would greatly appreciate it!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: