Configuration of WHR-300HP2 builds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
LiptonB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:45    Post subject: Configuration of WHR-300HP2 builds Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm hoping to learn more about the files in this directory: ftp://dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/04-18-2014-r23919/buffalo_whr_300hp2/. I just bought a WHR-300HP2D router (which I believe is the same hardware but comes with a Buffalo-branded version of DD-WRT) but it doesn't have IPv6 or JFFS support. So, I was wondering two things:
1. How can I find out what features are built into the WHR-300HP2 builds in that directory?
2. What is the difference between the different files there? For instance, if I want to upgrade a router already running DD-WRT (albeit a commercially customized build), would I use "buffalo_whr_300hp2-webflash.bin" or "firmware-us.bin" or "firmware.uimage"?

Also, please redirect me if this is the wrong place to ask about this router. The supported devices page lists MediaTek MT7620A/SOC as the Platform/Wireless NIC, but there's no MediaTek forum and DD-WRT itself lists "Ralink MT7620A" under CPU model, so I ended up here.

Thanks,
Ben
Sponsor
blueturtles
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ben,

Did you ever get an answer to your question?

Cheers!
LiptonB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Afraid not. I wasn't brave enough to try flashing one of the files in that directory without knowing what the filenames meant and whether they would solve my problem, so I can't really be of much help. I'm still looking for clues as to where the builds in that betas/ directory come from (they seem to get rebuilt periodically, so clearly *someone* knows how to do it).
blueturtles
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems that the firmware-us.bin file is what to use when flashing the router.

I am only saying this because of the following forum thread.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=259729

I haven't tried it myself yet. Hope this helps.

Cheers!
sylvain76
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 15:24    Post subject: JFFS Support ? Reply with quote
Hey All !

I've got a Buffalo WHR-300HP2 , and i've successfully flashed it with the latest available beta FW here :
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/06-05-2015-r27240/buffalo_whr_300hp2/

But as it's a standard build, it does not include JFFS2 support ...

Someone here knows where i could grab a "mini" build for this FW including JFFS ?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: