Issues with my WDR3600 on 27147

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Nerdy3.14159265

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 23:10    Post subject: Issues with my WDR3600 on 27147 Reply with quote
I have left my router un-updated for over a year at this point and recently I was having some issues that I didn't explore too much. I figured updating and 30/30/30 involved in that would probably solve the issue.

However, after the update I'm still having issues. I can't be sure if they are the same as what was happening before or not because I didn't check it out too in depth before the update and I only started having issues recently.

Anyways, to cut to the chase, my internet is moving slower than it should through the router. Testing my internet on testmy.net and connected to the modem directly I managed to get 170-200Mbps down and 7-15Mbps up. Connected to my router, I've been getting 50-100Mbps down and 7-15Mbps up.

Another issue is that if I set the 5GHz channel to HT40 and let it auto choose the channel and extension I won't be able to connect to it. However, when I manually selected the lowest channel and upper, I have no problems getting a full 300Mbps connection according to my android wifi settings.

Any help or advice would be great.

Some additional little details. When I updated I did a 30/30/30 before and after updating. I have reset the router for 10s multiple times already and nothing seems to have helped.
Sponsor
Nerdy3.14159265

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
And now both of my wifi frequencies have suddenly disappeared. My phone can't pick either of them up. My 2.4GHz is blinking randomly and my 5GHz is completely off and has been for awhile even when I could connect to it.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reset the router and then manually reconfigure. Don't use Auto channel. Set a specific channel (e.g. 6+Lower for 2.4G and 56+Lower on 5G).
Nerdy3.14159265

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you mean a full 30/30/30 reset? I'm just wondering since I've done that twice already.

On the recent sudden disappearance of both frequencies, I did already have 5GHz on a specific channel and set to upper. I will set the 2.4GHz to a specific channel as well.

BTW, both frequencies returned when I went to the Wifi settings and just hit apply. So basically they disappeared, I connected back up to the router and hit "apply settings" on the wifi page, and they returned.
Nerdy3.14159265

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just yesterday, 5GHz disappeared again even after setting a fixed channel. Hitting apply settings caused it to reappear again but if it keeps happening frequently this won't be a good permanent solution.

Also it seems like the bandwidth is fluctuating quite a bit. Sometimes it's almost as fast as directly connecting to the modem other times it's tons slower and the wifi can slow down enough for youtube to freeze and buffer for quite awhile.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update to 27240... there was a specific AR93xx (the radio used in your router) fix in 27219 for TX DMA errors, read the changelog in my signature.

Read more in the first post of the thread dedicated to 27240 and please give your report after you flash it: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=283495

erythana
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
Update to 27240... there was a specific AR93xx (the radio used in your router) fix in 27219 for TX DMA errors, read the changelog in my signature.

Read more in the first post of the thread dedicated to 27240 and please give your report after you flash it: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=283495

Unfortunately, the file size is still 0 Byte, see ticket http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4180

I guess Build 27246 will be out very soon...
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
erythana wrote:
KrypteX wrote:

Unfortunately, the file size is still 0 Byte, see ticket http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4180
I guess Build 27246 will be out very soon...

Sorry, forgot about that ticket. True, file sizes for those TP-Links are still 0 bytes in the 27240 folder.
The new build will not be 27246, that is the commit number for the new AR92xx TX DMA fix: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/27246
The commits are already at 27258 on Trac: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline

We are all waiting for the next build post-27246... my WNDR3800 has AR92xx radios (and I already see some WiFi dropouts on it with test build 27143), and also let's hope the folders for those TP-Links will be populated with good files this time around...

I'd really like ticket http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4141 fixed already, that's the reason I'm still on 27143 with my WNDR3800.

Nerdy3.14159265

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Didn't realize this was the issue that the TX DMA errors caused or that was the radio in my router. Glad to know that it's something that's fixed. I just hope that the proper update gets released soon. For now I guess I'll have to get used to reseting my Wifi every day or two.
erythana
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nerdy3.14159265 wrote:
Didn't realize this was the issue that the TX DMA errors caused or that was the radio in my router. Glad to know that it's something that's fixed. I just hope that the proper update gets released soon. For now I guess I'll have to get used to reseting my Wifi every day or two.

Im happy too that my bug is fixed now, i had to Click on "Apply Settings" every morning so my servers are up and running as long as im at work - and this for a very long time so far Very Happy
Nerdy3.14159265

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd love to have this fixed for me as well but since the firmware is still 0 bytes, I can't do much of anything about it at the moment.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Nerdy3.14159265 and @erythana
We can only wait for next official build... hope it will be released soon, with all files available.

tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
still 0 bytes with current internal builds

there was an update to gcc which is something to do with compiling the builds, the update to 5.1 probably broke them, one of my routers is still on 4.6 too, rest are on 5.1

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
@Nerdy3.14159265 and @erythana
We can only wait for next official build... hope it will be released soon, with all files available.

Fixed: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4180#comment:11

erythana
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great Smile
Is there a way to test the nightly build or do i have to wait? Couldnt find it on the ftp server.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: