Can't set WRT54G In Repeater mode using 24dbi Antenna

T0X1K01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:45    Post subject: Can't set WRT54G In Repeater mode using 24dbi Antenna Reply with quote
Hello, I just bought a 24dbi antenna wanting to use it along with my WRT54G V4 router, which has the latest version of ddwrt for it installed. I wanted to set up this router as a repeater for a hidden wep shared key network as I have previously done this using a trend net router, which was also runing ddwrt and the use of a 15dbi antenna in client mode and also using a vap. Now the problem is that after setting everything up, I do not get Internet access. It might be worth noting that I am using a vap as part of the setup to give the network a different name. Also, I have tesetd that the antenna is able to connect to the network by connecting the antenna to my USB wireless card and then to my computer. Also I think it might possibly be the fact that the essid is hidden, I don't recall, but I think that on the trendnet model, when using the site survey option to scan for networks, the network would be shown as hidden; however, the wrt54g does not do that, is this one of the device's limitation?
Any ideas of what might be going on?
Sponsor
b-man
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
i cant help you but to get help i suggest

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54959

Quote:
DO NOT POST IN THIS FORUM UNLESS you are asking a question that is about dd-wrt itself and NOT related to a particular router model.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54889

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486

Quote:
7. ALWAYS put the version number of the dd-wrt you are using in your post if you are asking for help. It matters. Tell the version number, the SP, if any, and the subversion (e.g. 11296 or 12060) and/or date of the build. Also post whether it is the micro, mini, big, std, or mega build. K26 or k24. Newd, nv60 or nv64. This information can be found in the top right corner of your webgui, or on the status page. A simple way to provide this information is to always post the full name of the bin file you used or tried to use. EG. "I flashed dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_usb_ftp.bin." We NEED this information, in detail, to assist properly.

Don't simply put "dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin" without the version number....there are about 100 different build versions with that name. And DON'T say you have the "latest build" on your router. "Latest build" can mean many different things. Put the version NUMBER or DATE at a minimum, but give the full file name if you can.

ALSO ALWAYS post your router Make Model and Version. (There are about 15 Linksy WrtGS router and the version is critically important information). This information should be on your router label.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: