Multiple CPE / Public IP Passthrough

Yuji Saeki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:10    Post subject: Multiple CPE / Public IP Passthrough Reply with quote
I get multiple IPs from my ISP. I use an unmanaged switch for several rigs to get their public IP but I'd rather do this through DD-WRT so that I can also communicate with 192.X.X.X (private) IPs much faster.

Does anyone know how to (or does/can DD-WRT have this option) to allow multiple MACs to get public IPs but still be able like a traditional modem to access the router?

(Example, people with one rig and a modem will get a public IP but can still access their modem via 192.168.100.1)

I'd like to see 192.168.100.1 (modem), 192.X.X.1 router, phones/tablets/laptops get 192.X.X.X, servers get public IPs, but all phones/tablets/laptops can talk to servers via their public IP at LAN speeds and servers can talk to 192.X.X.X at LAN speeds too.

The world is adopting IPv6 and even my clients behind routers are getting public IPv6s. This seems a useful feature to me. Any Linux gurus know if iptables can help me out here? I'd very much appreciate it.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: