[Support Request] Netgear Trek PR2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
ApatheticSympathy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 17:56    Post subject: [Support Request] Netgear Trek PR2000 Reply with quote
I really love this little device, but it needs a few features that are not standard, namely using vpn at the router level.
If I'm going to use this devices at public hotspots, I want all of my communication running through my pia (Private Internet Access) account.

I'm not positive this is the correct location to post this request, but I read somewhere that the chip in this device is the Media Tek MT7620N, and media tek owns ralink.
Sponsor
aumel99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 13:43    Post subject: Me too - What help is needed to get this device supported? Reply with quote
I agree to the previous posting ... compared to many other travel routers... this one has one advantage 1x LAN and 1xWAN port. Would help a lot in my case.
Currently using TP-LINK MR3020.

look forward to hear any news...

aumel
Mister X
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any update on any kind of support for this router? It has some nice features and it's pretty cheap, and I'd love to have dd-wrt on it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
PR2000's GPL code is available for download here:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2649/~/netgear---open-source-code-for-programmers-(gpl)

It would be nice to have DD-WRT support on this router - it's a good piece of gear.
Mister X
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Up!
Devs, pretty please? Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Repeat request ^_^ I love this little device. I'd enjoy having more features with it.
Mister X
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Up!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
This device is great; have 3 but would love the additional functionality of DD-WRT. I would like the ability to use 1:1 NAT.
vogelap
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, please! Consider DD-WRT support for this robust little router!
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes please. I can't stand that Netgear Genie.
PR2000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 17:58    Post subject: Bump Reply with quote
Over a year later, has there been any progress with this device? VPN functionality is super important for the amount of travel I do each year.
Pauline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I join to the search! We have three these brilliant devices ([url] http://youtu.be/Fyo7l8J5Q7I [/url] / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA4vwYXqLZ0).
Travel Router, Range Extender, and Wireless Bridge function quite well, unfortunately the original is software only very much BASIC.
It works with it also Internetverbidungen to share which require an authentication side to the input of access data, e.g., Hotspots of Telekom, at hotels etc...
It is the only Travel-Router which can be even very simply postprepared with external aerial connections.

Then with dd-wrt the Netgear PR2000 would be really perfect!

Completely, quite dear thanks if you could provide for the great part dd wrt Firmware!

Pauline

Ich schließe mich der Suche an! Wir haben drei dieser genialen Geräte (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4AjrSyuFSY).
Travel Router, Range Extender, and Wireless Bridge funktionieren schon ganz gut aber leider ist die Original Software nur sehr Basic.
Es klappt damit auch Internetverbidungen zu teilen, die eine Authentifikationsseite zur Eingabe von Zugangsdaten erfordern, z. B. Hotspots der Telekom, in Hotels usw..
Es ist der einzige Travel-Router, der sich sogar sehr einfach mit externen Antennenanschlüssen nachrüsten lässt.

Mit dd-wrt wären die Netgear PR2000 dann wirklich perfekt!

Ganz, ganz lieben Dank, wenn ihr für das tolle Teil dd-wrt-Firmware bereitstellen könntet!

Pauline
gplmachine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Indeed, this is a unique capable device. With dd-wrt it will become indispensable.
I just logged in to bring the thread upfront.
Let's cross the fingers and hope that the developers see our call.
gplmachine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:48    Post subject: Donations for developers Reply with quote
Hopefully OP and previous posters still monitor this thread.

Should not we contribute to the developers with donations so that their work is appreciated?

Please reply to this post if you are willing to contribute to see if we can reach the critical mass. Then we could directly contact the developers.

The device is not that expensive. We could easily collect the required funds for the hardware and more for the developers' work.

I am willing to start with 20$.

Fingers crossed!
Pauline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:04    Post subject: I'm too! Reply with quote
Good proposal! I also take part with 20$.
Who can write a dd wrt Firmware for "Netgear PR2000 Trek PR2000-100EUS Travel Router, Range Extender und Repeater"?
The rise of the transmit power would be important for me.

Guter Vorschlag! Ich beteilige mich ebenfalls mit 20 $. Wer kann eine dd-wrt-Firmware für den "Netgear PR2000 Trek PR2000-100EUS Travel Router, Range Extender und Repeater" schreiben? Wichtig wäre mir die Erhöhung der Sendeleistung.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: