RT-AC87U DD-WRT support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
neneonline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 16:39    Post subject: PPPoE daemon hanging... Reply with quote
I am trying to setup my AC87U to work with my FTTH provider and I am having issues getting PPPoE to work.

(I have moved this question to a new thread following forum guidelines. For reference http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=969790#969790)
Sponsor
BrainiakZ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Carlito83 wrote:
BrainiakZ wrote:
Just an update -- Still running stable since the update. 5GHZ works fine for me. 150 Meg / 35 up cable network - can max it, even on the 5ghz via android.

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/01/15)
Time: 08:38:40 up 14 days, 41 min, load average: 0.27, 0.26, 0.21

Build 26635

Merlin and Asus firmware would lock up randomly.. at least once a month requiring a physical power down/up.

No more dropping wifi (happened all the time on the Asus OEM firmware / Merlin).

What are your wireless settings?

http://take.ms/KrMMu

and

http://take.ms/HZlcL

All the other stuff is the default.

What is strange is, switched to the Galaxy S6E, and now have issues with the wireless stopping until I turn off/on the wifi on the phones. The other phone will keep working, just occasionally stops. Still running that older build, so I will try a newer one today.
BrainiakZ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, I tried this version today (6/14/2015) ---

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/06-05-2015-r27240/asus-rt-ac87u/

bad idea. I tried several times to flash it... wouldn't take. Router Recovery lessons.

This one did take -- so far so good. Wifi under 5GHZ seems twice as fast as previous.. still 50 Mb/s (where i have seen 150 Mb/s on the standard Asus firmware).

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/06-01-2015-r27147/asus-rt-ac87u/

Hope that helps someone else.
pianoguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for that info, BrainiakZ, saved me time i guess. Flashed the 06-01-2015-r27147 even when there are new builds available.

Just came back from Merlin/ASUS-Wrt and wonder how people can use it. I couldn't even configure my static DHPC with that. Appyling settings never came back. IP collision detected with VPN IP range even when VPN is deactivated.

Even this is beta DDWRT, it's more useful to me than stock/merlin.
rocKay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

yesterday my WRT610N is broken.
So I need a new device.

I've looked for the AC87U and read about 5Ghz connection issues with stock firmware.
Is this fixed with current ddwrt?
Would love to get a ddwrt router again, but the AC1900 Linksys isn't supported currently.
I even would like to get a triband device because I don't have any MU-MIMO devices in my network but do a lot of HD streaming, but it's soo expensive. So I would favor the AC87U because it's no need to use MU-MIMO and even without it would be fast enough.
But only if the connection is stable (maybe with ddwrt firmware).
Maybe somebody could recommend me a router or give me a hint for connection issues?
Sorry, for this little offtopic.

Thanks a lot in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
rocKay wrote:
Hi Guys,

yesterday my WRT610N is broken.
So I need a new device.

I've looked for the AC87U and read about 5Ghz connection issues with stock firmware.
Is this fixed with current ddwrt?
Would love to get a ddwrt router again, but the AC1900 Linksys isn't supported currently.
I even would like to get a triband device because I don't have any MU-MIMO devices in my network but do a lot of HD streaming, but it's soo expensive. So I would favor the AC87U because it's no need to use MU-MIMO and even without it would be fast enough.
But only if the connection is stable (maybe with ddwrt firmware).
Maybe somebody could recommend me a router or give me a hint for connection issues?
Sorry, for this little offtopic.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello,

this is excaclty also my situation...
Therefore it would be really great to hear a summary from someone about the AC87U experience.
In particular it would interesting to know which dd-wrt release build is the most common one currently in use.

I read that even some returned to the AC87U because of stability issues and went back to the Netgear R7000 AC1900,
which seems to work quite well together with dd-wrt.
dfran1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/%5Bmaylyns-review%5D-asus-rt-ac87u-4781419-261.html#post94867113

Here is a link, I am having no issues with my settings and asus beta 6687 firmware.
Also newegg has this router on sale refurbished for $150 at the moment, I posted my settings on that link for both bands, It is working extremely well now for a solid 3 days and counting.
Thanks!
jwbaynham
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 0:49    Post subject: Purple Internet LED Reply with quote
So I just flashed the version found here:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/06-01-2015-r27147/asus-rt-ac87u/

My internet LED is now purple? Has anybody figured out how to fix this?
vinospam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 15:36    Post subject: Feedback on 26635 Reply with quote
Hi folks,

Following the good feedback of splatee I've tested the build 26635 on a RT-AC87U.

I had some troubles setting up multiple SSIDs, but that's the object of another thread. From what I observed, it's fully functional on 2,4GHz but my setup stay in open protection on the 5GHz band. I've setup a WPA2 AES protection but it's not used. As I understood, the developers are working exactly on this feature.

Another missing feature is the possibility of put the wl1.x interfaces in bridges (setup -> network tab).

Do newer builds correct those 2 points? Are they stable?
Thanks for your feedback Smile
splatee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Loaded latest firmware build r27456. So far everything is working great. All my IOS devices and Amazon FTV sticks are connecting to the 5Ghz wifi no drops. Previously was running build r27147 and that worked great also. I tried two of the newer builds above that and they would put router into a reboot cycle loop and had to run asus recovery tool.
cc999
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:49    Post subject: USB Reply with quote
splatee wrote:
Loaded latest firmware build r27456. So far everything is working great. All my IOS devices and Amazon FTV sticks are connecting to the 5Ghz wifi no drops. Previously was running build r27147 and that worked great also. I tried two of the newer builds above that and they would put router into a reboot cycle loop and had to run asus recovery tool.

Do you have a HD plugged into the USB 3.0? Thats where I have my problems. If you move a large file the router crashes. Let me know if you see this in the new build.

CC
splatee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:46    Post subject: Re: USB Reply with quote
Do you have a HD plugged into the USB 3.0? Thats where I have my problems. If you move a large file the router crashes. Let me know if you see this in the new build.

CC[/quote]

Sorry, i do not have any external storage plugged in to the usb.
matchqq
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm unable to choose 5ghz's channel, which only have "Auto" option. I've tried changing around channel bandwidth option but 5ghz channels still don't show up. Currently running r27456. Any help please? Confused
splatee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
matchqq wrote:
I'm unable to choose 5ghz's channel, which only have "Auto" option. I've tried changing around channel bandwidth option but 5ghz channels still don't show up. Currently running r27456. Any help please? Confused

The setting is "auto" you can not change channels.

My settings for 5Ghz are

wireless mode = AP
wireless network mode = AC/N mixed
wireless channel = auto
channel width = vht 80+80
both "beam forming" = disable
matchqq
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
splatee wrote:
matchqq wrote:

The setting is "auto" you can not change channels.

My settings for 5Ghz are

wireless mode = AP
wireless network mode = AC/N mixed
wireless channel = auto
channel width = vht 80+80
both "beam forming" = disable

It's a bug that the option is only Auto right? In 2.4ghz, I can choose a specific channel to use.

Is choosing VHT 80+80 better than Wide HT40 (20+20 MHZ)? I don't have any AC devices though.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 12 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: