Cant log into modem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
rgh43
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 20:01    Post subject: Cant log into modem Reply with quote
I cant log into my Asus RT N10+ Ver. B modem via my PC using 198.162.1.1 does not work. it times out before any log in. I was into the modem some time ago so I have been able to access it since installing DD WRT, maybe I made some change and didn't realize it. if I look at my settings internally in my DirecTV box which is Wireless it shows the following,

Server IP 192.168.1.102
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DNS: 192.168.1.1

My TV IP: 192.168.1.141
The Default Gateway & DNS are the same as the DirecTV box.

My DirecTV box will download a movie and my TV is which is hardwired to the modem not Wi-Fi can't get onto Netflix & Amazon & play movies. So all is working OK but I cant get in to make any changes. What am I going to have to do to fix this or maybe I should leave well enough alone.
Sponsor
h8red
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Telnet is open by default. Try with Putty
[Ramips] Nexx WT3020F Openwrt @kernel #4.14.167 (OpenVPN server, Wireguard server, AD blocking, SQM QOS, USB)
rgh43
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 20:52    Post subject: cant log into my Asus RT N10+ Reply with quote
Is this the reply, if so what does it mean?

h8red wrote:
Telnet is open by default. Try with Putty
Specimen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 22:18    Post subject: Re: Cant log into modem Reply with quote
rgh43 wrote:
I cant log into my Asus RT N10+ Ver. B modem via my PC using 198.162.1.1 does not work. it times out before any log in. I was into the modem some time ago so I have been able to access it since installing DD WRT, maybe I made some change and didn't realize it. if I look at my settings internally in my DirecTV box which is Wireless it shows the following,

Server IP 192.168.1.102

Double check the IP, it's 192.168... not 198.162....
rgh43
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:07    Post subject: Cant log in Modem Reply with quote
My Mistake, old age or poor typing skills. I did use 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.3 192.168.1.101 and a few others I thought of, nothing worked. I do know that 192.168.1.1 is the standard for most all the modems out there. Thanks for correcting that.
Specimen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
And 192.168.1.102? What's on that address, your post says (server IP) but I don't understand if that means the DirecTV box or the router.

Connect the router via cable (ethernet) to the PC without connecting the router or the PC to any other wireless or wired network.

The PC should get an IP from the router via DHCP and then you can check in network settings in your PC for the router's IP address, it will be the IP address of the Gateway.
rgh43
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:27    Post subject: Can't access Router Reply with quote
Thanks for all the help getting this resolved. I could use the old "Senior Moment" (DOB 1943) and use that as an excuse for my being preoccupied and then not remembering that the Desktop PC that I was trying to access the Router with had been rewired a few months ago to feed directly from the primary Router. The ASUS is the second router & the one I was having trouble getting into, the primary doesn't use the same number sequence as most routers do so I could access it. So I could sit here and type 192.168.1.1 all day long & never get in.

Specimen your reply gets the prize for snapping me out of my daydream (the 2nd line in your reply) and as soon as I read it I remembered that I had bypassed the ASUS some time ago, Problem solved.
Specimen to answer your question YES, the 192.168.1.102 is the assigned Server IP address to the DirecTV box. My TV is 192.168.1.141.

I still haven't figured out the reply from*h8red " Telnet is open by default. Try with Putty. My 1st thought was this is a Wise *** answer, would that assumption be correct.
rgh43
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:30    Post subject: Can't access router Reply with quote
How do you show question answered?
Specimen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:33    Post subject: Re: Can't access Router Reply with quote
rgh43 wrote:
Thanks for all the help getting this resolved. I could use the old "Senior Moment" (DOB 1943) and use that as an excuse for my being preoccupied and then not remembering that the Desktop PC that I was trying to access the Router with had been rewired a few months ago to feed directly from the primary Router. The ASUS is the second router & the one I was having trouble getting into, the primary doesn't use the same number sequence as most routers do so I could access it. So I could sit here and type 192.168.1.1 all day long & never get in.

Specimen your reply gets the prize for snapping me out of my daydream (the 2nd line in your reply) and as soon as I read it I remembered that I had bypassed the ASUS some time ago, Problem solved.
Specimen to answer your question YES, the 192.168.1.102 is the assigned Server IP address to the DirecTV box. My TV is 192.168.1.141.

I still haven't figured out the reply from*h8red " Telnet is open by default. Try with Putty. My 1st thought was this is a Wise *** answer, would that assumption be correct.

I'm glad I could help.

You can safely ignore h8red answer, it's irrelevant, his answer assumes that you had the right IP but HTTP (Web GUI) for some reason would be blocked, or something like that, it's not the case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: