Asus RT-N18U Wireless not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
T.F.7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 16:26    Post subject: Asus RT-N18U Wireless not working Reply with quote
Hi!

I flashed my N18U with ASUS RT-N18U Firmware: Webflash image asus_rt-n18u-firmware.trx 2014-06-02 26,19 MB dd-wrt fw version. I followed the instructions and everything went fine. Wired connection works fine, but wireless doesn't. Its radius is less than a meter.

My settings:

What shall I do?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by T.F.7 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 16:39; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
You didn't link to the actual build version. From your snapshot I see it's a rather old one. You should update to latest build 27506, see this: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=284230
T.F.7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oops! I corrected my post. I found this version by searching the Router Database. Thanks for the link. Is this a beta version or what?
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
They're all betas. And the Router Database is old, hasn't been updated since forever.
T.F.7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded. Still, the wireless is not working!
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Set Wide HT40, then Wireless channel manually, e.g. 6+Lower (not Auto), and REgulatory Domain to Canada or United States.
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
T.F.7 wrote:
Upgraded. Still, the wireless is not working!
Also, did you 'Restore Factory Defaults'? In the wireless settings, what is the Tx power set to? I'm not suggesting to increase it...just making sure it isn't defaulted to 0 or something. Smile
|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
T.F.7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
Set Wide HT40, then Wireless channel manually, e.g. 6+Lower (not Auto), and REgulatory Domain to Canada or United States.

Not working. Why Canada or US if I'm from Europe?
jwh7 wrote:
Also, did you 'Restore Factory Defaults'? In the wireless settings, what is the Tx power set to? I'm not suggesting to increase it...just making sure it isn't defaulted to 0 or something. Smile

I don't see these options under wireless.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
T.F.7 wrote:
Why Canada or US if I'm from Europe?

EU domain limits the max TX Power, that's why.
Quote:
I don't see these options under wireless.

Advanced Wireless options are there, just take another good look. And don't forget to Restore to Factory Defaults beforehand... you didn't say whether you did that or not.

T.F.7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
TX is set to 71.
'Restore to Factory Defaults' - how?

edit: unfortunately I don't have much time today, but I have to put it to work, so I'm trying to flash back to stock fw and it doesn't work. I tried with IE and Chrome. First I do the 30/30/30 then I try to flash to stock, but it won't work. Still dd-wrt.

edit2: I managed to flash back to stock with an older fw version. I'm safe for today. I still have hope in dd-wrt, but some users of this forum reported to have the same problem. No solution for now.
T.F.7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I reverted back to stock. I do the 30/30/30 reset and then when I want to flash with dd-wrt it stops after 15 seconds. I can't even flash to dd-wrt.

edit: works when i change .trx to .bin
T.F.7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:

I restored to factory defaults and did all you suggested. Not working at all.

edit: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/3634 ?
marc97
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having the exact same issue with my N18U and r27506.

I have already tried all recommendations previously given:
- I went all the way up to 999 for TX, and have tried values in between as well.
- I set Wide HT40
- Tried all wireless channels manually up to 6
- Reg is set to US

I literally have to place my laptop on top of the router for it to even find the SSID. Initially I thought I might have messed up some configuration, but the low signal problem manifests itself, even after a cleared nvram.

Just an an FYI - I also tried an older version: r27413 and it seems to have the same problem. Did "erase nvram" after each update and various times when trying different configurations.

I know my way around Linux very well, so if there's a place I can check under the hood, please let me know.
T.F.7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
marc97 wrote:
I am having the exact same issue with my N18U and r27506.

After losing 2 days of my life, I switched to AdvancedTomato (a Tomato by Shibby GUI). The wireless is working as it should and no nightmare settings that don't work.
I hope this issue will be fixed in the future and I will give dd-wrt another try.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've reopened ticket http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/3634 hoping for a fix.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: