Any hope of newer 'ok' firmware for wzr-hp-g300nh?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
ArjenR49
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
As I wrote earlier I was able to upgrade through the web GUI.
In trying to coax the router to live up tot its High Power designation hoping to get 100 mW out of it (=+20 dBm), at one time I set the regulatory domain to United_States_(Public_Safety) or some such. That was the last I experienced with that installation of the new version.
The router totally locked up. It would not boot after a reset even.
I have had this router bricked before and I have instructions ready that I edited myself from what's been floating around. After some trouble I got it working again with the same version 27396.

When all was fine and dandy, I figured I should store the settings using 'Frater's script' (my edited version of it).

Much to my surprise/chagrin it doesn't work any longer Sad
WinSCP returns the following error message:

Command '"./Backup_DD-WRT_Settings_AR_05022011.sh"'
failed with return code 0 and error message
/dev/nvram: Out of memory
size: 20 bytes (131052 left).

Would it have something to do with the new Linux kernel in DD-WRT?
Any ideas?
Sponsor
scrawnyb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's definitely some unhappiness between these newer builds and this router. My web upgrades all failed - had to TFTP recover to the Buffalo DD-WRT Pro to get the web upgrade completed.

I also reset data and I'm still getting the "Out of Memory" on nvram show.

Code:

root@FIOSWAN:~# nvram show
/dev/nvram: Out of memory
size: 20 bytes (131052 left)

This was before doing anything, and immediately after setting up the admin password and running "nvram show" via the GUI.

df is showing 0 space available - shouldn't there be "something" left after the firmware flash?

Code:

Filesystem           1-blocks       Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                25690112  25690112         0 100% /
/dev/root             25690112  25690112         0 100% /

Digging around some, I noticed that PHP is taking up a ton of space:

Code:

root@FIOSWAN:~# ls -l /usr/bin/php*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       9683660 Jun 26 19:19 /usr/bin/php
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       9662491 Jun 26 19:19 /usr/bin/php-cgi

Could we perhaps find a way to move these PHP binaries to an external attached storage (USB) to fix this? Anyone willing to try?
un1versal
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
The newer firmwares work for the most part.

What is broken is webupgrades via gui and backing up configuration via any method.

You will need to recover router via tftp and lose all config on every upgrade if anyone can live with that on these betas then ddwrt is for you.

I have same router and same issues. See http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=974612#974612
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those having problems with WZR-HP-G300NH, I've opened ticket http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4742
oraculo666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
For those having problems with WZR-HP-G300NH, I've opened ticket http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4742

Thanks, KrypteX. I never gave it much thought but the NVRAM problem may have been the reason why the router would sometimes reset itself to factory settings. Problem which I avoided by transferring NVRAM for client lease DB to JFFS2.

Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: