WNDRMACv2 Images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
NathanBasanese
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 23:02    Post subject: // , Repeater Mode & Firmware Revert Reply with quote
// , Show me someone who knows what tftp means off the top of the head and I'll show you someone who doesn't need any of the above warnings.

Like I said, it is possible to revert, but it is RELATIVELY a real pain in the ass. Keep in mind, in the instructions above, most users have not yet been forced to use any kind of command line interface.

I can offer an update on the subject of using the router in repeater mode, though:

* Beware DNS settings. They tripped me up when I was testing whether I had set up my client bridge correctly.

* These instructions for setting up a Client Bridge work: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged, but a client bridge will only connections to the internet to it over its Ethernet ports.

* If you want to set up something like a repeater mode, follow these instructions from 4:51:
https://youtu.be/Ud-Hq3kgvk4?t=4m51s
There are differences in the interface, though, in that Repeater Mode won't appear, as it does in the video, as an option, and your physical interface, in this case, ath0, will not offer the option of whether to broadcast an SSID.
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there, most of the things you wrote are your own errors and show that you haven't read the most basic guides for DD-WRT.

For example, you shouldn't set up a Client Bridge on both ath0 and ath1. Only one. Atheros needs a Client+VAP setting to function as a Repeater.

Additionally, you have to update from 22118, which is a very old build, to something newer, e.g. 27506 for WNDR3800: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/07-09-2015-r27506/netgear-wndr3800/
All your problems will be gone.
(please don't ask about the builds being beta, all of them are)

NathanBasanese
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:02    Post subject: :arrow: wndr3800-factory.img vs wndr3800-webflash.bin :?: Reply with quote
Arrow Question

If a point to your aspersions should happen to surface, I'll respond to them.

Until then, would anyone happen to know what, practically speaking, are the differences among the following images for wndr3800:

File:wndr3800-factory.img
8213 KB 07/09/2015 01:58:00 PM
File:wndr3800-factory_NA.img
8213 KB 07/09/2015 01:59:00 PM
File:wndr3800-webflash.bin
8213 KB 07/09/2015 01:59:00 PM

I found these at ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/07-09-2015-r27506/netgear-wndr3800/ Arrow Question

There doesn't seem to be much in the Peacock thread or the other guides about the difference among these.

The thread at the following link gives a vague idea of what "webflash" means, though:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=76805
Jack82
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is basic stuff indeed. It's better to first document yourself from the dd-wrt wiki, before attempting to flash dd-wrt. Otherwise, you run the risk of bricking your router.

Builds with "factory" in the name are for flashing from factory to dd-wrt.
Builds with "webflash" in the name are for flashing from existing dd-wrt build to another dd-wrt build.
Builds with "NA" in name are intended for North America (USA & Canada) only.
mrbrahman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 13:37    Post subject: wan IP 0.0.0.0 Reply with quote
I flashed my WNDRMACv2 with the image from ogre1, and the flashing process itself was very smooth. Also did a 30/30/30 reset once flash was complete.

I have a cable modem from Optimum (Cablevision) for my internet. With the DHCP setting, I'm seeing wan IP as 0.0.0.0 on top right. Is there any other setting that needs to be done to get this working?

Thank you.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: