4MB flash, jffs and ipkg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
otellomoro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:27    Post subject: 4MB flash, jffs and ipkg Reply with quote
Hi,
I just installed DD-WRT 23 SP" on WRT54GS V4 (4MB flash) and I enabled jffs to install packages.
I read the wiki and forum about the 4MB contraint, so I expected very very short space available, but I wanted anyway to verify what was possible to do with the residual space.
What happened is that ipkg itself was not able to run: "update" ran but didn't show any indication and "list" said that I had still to update, complaining for missing files that I verified being missing ipkg directories.
What I don't understand now is whether 4MB is not enough to run ipkg itself or I have another problem on jffs/ipkg.

Thanks
Sponsor
anectine17
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
4MB isn't large enough. Your standard firmware is 3.5MB, more or less. You can try running a MINI version (not MICRO) and it may give you room for some smaller ipkg's. The other options are a Samba share or installing an SD card, which is (IMO) the preferred choice. Good luck.
Linksys E2000 w/15200 "Big"
Linksys WRT54G v.4
La Fonera 2100, fan-cooled
Linksys WRT54G v.3.1
Linksys WRT54G v.1.1
Linksys WRT54GS v.1
2x Linksys WRT54G v.2.2

Peacock Thread - READ THOROUGHLY
otellomoro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I'll try the alternative.
Thanks for your reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: