Configure VLAN for WNDR3800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
kaneelias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 0:25    Post subject: Configure VLAN for WNDR3800 Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I am having some trouble setting up my Netgear WNDR3800 running DD-WRT with my Fibre connection here in Australia.

Currently I have the Fibre connection running through my Billion 7800VDPX and one of the requirements from my provider is that VLAN is set to 100 via a PPPOE connection which is working fine.

My problem is I am having trouble setting this up on DD-WRT as it was really easy on the billion. I have read the guides on VLAN but it really is very confusing for me and was hoping it was as easy as on the billion.

The settings I need to replicate on the DD-WRT device is

802.1P Priority set to 0 and
802.1Q VLAN ID set to 100

I looked at the VLAN taggingsettings on the DD-WRT and I am not sure what selection I should make as there are five options

ath0
ath1
br0
eth0
eth1

If anyone can help a noob it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
First things first, have you updated to latest build 27506 ? http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=284229
kaneelias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
First things first, have you updated to latest build 27506 ? http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=284229

Just checked, I do not, still have DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/04/15) std

I will report back once updated.

Cheers
wenzhuo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
You'd better provide the default VLAN configuration of your wndr3800 so people not having a wndr3800 can help you out.
Code:
# swconfig dev switch0 show

dd-wrt does not have VLAN configuration GUI yet for Atheros SoC based routers. So you'll have to configure the VLAN using commands in rc_startup.

See http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=284430 for an example VLAN configuration recipe.

If I understand your requirement correctly, you need to create VLAN 100 on the WAN port and assign it to WAN in Setup / Networking / WAN Port Assignment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: