TP-LINK Wired Hotel Web Authentication

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
noob59
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 17:22    Post subject: TP-LINK Wired Hotel Web Authentication Reply with quote
I have searched through the forums here and done some googling but haven't found a working solution.

Attempting to connect WR-1043ND (Build DDWRT V24-SP2) to a Cisco Linksys E1000 (Hotel device). The hotel also requires web authentication for each device connecting to the internet. I have a VOIP device that does only hard wire and does not have an interface to web authenticate. I have seen other solutions but the wired ports would not be enabled.

I have taken the MAC of the VOIP device and spoofed it onto the laptop wired port and then logged into with the laptop for authentication. This worked as long as the laptop stays off the network. One thing I noticed is that regardless of the interface (wired or wireless) the DHCPV6 DUID for the laptop is the same. I have no knowledge on DHCPV6 to know if this is the issue.
Sponsor
ThoreauHD
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't even begin to figure out what you are trying to accomplish. It sounds like you're throwing poo at a wall and hoping something sticks. What are you trying to do, and why are you using two daisy chained wireless routers to do it?
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
From what I gather ---
If your are going 'wired' to the hotel router then you should be plugged into the WR-1043ND WAN port.

If you are going wireless you should put the WR-1043ND in Client Mode and create a VAP for other wireless devices to connect.

In either one of these connections only the WR-1043ND WAN MAC address should be visible to the hotel router and if web authentication is required you should be able to do that with any browser connected to the WR-1043ND....and once done you should be good to connect whatever you want to the WR-1043ND without a problem.
hoot_spoot
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
trying to do the same thing, and instead of the authentication page, i get an error.

i have an android lg g3 phone, going to a dd-wrt atheros on the car roof that has much better range. It is in client mode with a vap that i connect the phone to.

it produces a no data received error, in chrome. The dd-wrt box is pulling a valid IP:
e.g.Automatic Configuration - DHCP
Connection Uptime0:12:17
IP Address172.18.55.148
Subnet Mask255.255.255.0
Gateway172.18.55.4
DNS 18.8.8.8
DNS 28.8.4.4

from the guest business AP

is there a trick to do with the dd-wrt box?

Navigation

Jump to: