Hotspot problems with DIR615

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
drpeej
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:34    Post subject: Hotspot problems with DIR615 Reply with quote
I want to create a simple free hotspot through with I can limit users bandwidth.

I managed to get a cheap DIR615 D2 through EBay and have successfully flashed DD-WRT v24 pre sp2 build 21061
I thought that setting up a simple hotspot would be straightforward but I am tearing my hair out

Sputnik doesn't seem to do anything. When I enable it I don't get redirected to a setup page as the instructions suggest should happen. I can just surf as usual

I then tried Hotspotsystem. I set up a test account and configured everything as they instructed. However, when enabled, DHCP doesn't seem to be working as my laptop cannot get an IP address. My understanding is that DHCP is handled by the captive portal but it doesn't seem to be working

I have also tried various other solutions with Chillispot but I get no redirects and I can just surf the web as usual

I have also tried firmware 14896 which interestingly seems to offer more configurable options but it still won't work

Any suggestions?
Sponsor
Jack82
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update to latest 27506 ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/07-09-2015-r27506/
drpeej
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. I have done that but it's still not working.

My main WAN-connected router is located at 192.168.1.1 and the DIR-615 is on 192.168.2.1.

When I point my laptop to the DIR-615 wireless connection it gets an IP address of 192.168.1.92 which I think it is coming from my main router DHCP server rather than the Hotspotsystem DHCP server.

As a result it just surfs normally with no redirect to the captive portal

If I disable DHCP in the DIR615 it doesn't get an IP address at all
drpeej
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have discovered that Chillispot is not enabled in this release. It is greyed out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: