R8000 development

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
labo wrote:
Kong,
The new R8000 with your latest firmware works fine as a main router without any wireless repeater bridges added.
However, when I add the wireless repeater bridges using 5Ghz AC band The main router intermittently
stops responding(once in every 10-12 hours, but all the lights blink as normal). I had to reboot to fix the issue.
Any clues on the wireless repeater bridge issues?

Have not seen this, but I don't have such setup.

Quote:

Another limitation is that for wl0, I can set only one channel 161-165(80+80) or Auto.
And for wl2 again only one channel (36-48 ) or Auto.
I'm in USA and my R7000 allows all the bands
( 48, 64, 112, 144, 161)
BTW, the same configuration works solid with R7000 as main router without any reboots or issues for months together.

Thanks,

It is technically not possible to use these channels on this hardware.
Sponsor
RobertRollie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Didn't even realise this thread existed until yesterday, hasn't been much movement in the other r8000 thread. Appreciate that you've been working on this model again Kong, haven't had the chance to install in yet but planning to give it a shot soon. Are your PayPal deets up somewhere other than in the eom for those of us who haven't for it up and running yet?
labo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
RobertRollie wrote:
Didn't even realise this thread existed until yesterday, hasn't been much movement in the other r8000 thread. Appreciate that you've been working on this model again Kong, haven't had the chance to install in yet but planning to give it a shot soon. Are your PayPal deets up somewhere other than in the eom for those of us who haven't for it up and running yet?

Well, The latest firmware dated 26th July @ http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/
has the correct links to Kong's paypal account.
tmo1138
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have to give kudos here to <Kong> and I've already donated to him on PayPal.

DD-WRT v3.0-r27540M kongac (07/26/15) is the most stable version of his firmware to date. Everything I've needed so far it does without a problem.

Thanks Kong!!!
coolquasar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
tmo1138 wrote:

DD-WRT v3.0-r27540M kongac (07/26/15) is the most stable version of his firmware to date. Everything I've needed so far it does without a problem.

Thanks Kong!!!

Great news!!
Would you please post some screen shots of wireless internet speed test and if possible wireless file transfer speeds to a hard drive connected to he router ?
Paint
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
coolquasar wrote:
tmo1138 wrote:

Thanks Kong!!!

Great news!!
Would you please post some screen shots of wireless internet speed test and if possible wireless file transfer speeds to a hard drive connected to he router ?

I agree, Kong, this is one of the best builds I have run for the R8000 - extremely stable.

I have 30/30 mbps FIOS internet and I get extremely stable 25+ mbps in both directions over either AC wireless network:

I dont use an external HD for my R8000, but I get about 20MBps speeds to a 32gb USB 2.0 drive when I back up my /opt and /jffs directories.
coolquasar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Paint wrote:
coolquasar wrote:
tmo1138 wrote:

Thanks Kong!!!

Great news!!

I agree, Kong, this is one of the best builds I have run for the R8000 - extremely stable.

I have 30/30 mbps FIOS internet and I get extremely stable 25+ mbps in both directions over either AC wireless network:

I dont use an external HD for my R8000, but I get about 20MBps speeds to a 32gb USB 2.0 drive when I back up my /opt and /jffs directories.

Awesome!! Thanks a lot!!
TheNachoCheese
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 21:10    Post subject: One device struggles with the 2.4 GHz wireless Reply with quote
First, a big Thank You to Kong for all of his work on the R8000. I am using the 27540 build and it's great except for one device on the 2.4 GHz radio who's Internet connection after about 24 hours becomes sporadic. It stays connected to the R8000 but not the internet. Other devices connect fine while it appears to time out. It never had trouble with the stock firmware, and I kept everything the same as far as channel, etc. A proper nvram erase & reboot was performed during installation. Again, it didn't have issues with stock firmware.

Just sharing my experience, wondering if anyone has experienced similar drop outs or time outs?
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 21:17    Post subject: Re: One device struggles with the 2.4 GHz wireless Reply with quote
TheNachoCheese wrote:
First, a big Thank You to Kong for all of his work on the R8000. I am using the 27540 build and it's great except for one device on the 2.4 GHz radio who's Internet connection after about 24 hours becomes sporadic. It stays connected to the R8000 but not the internet. Other devices connect fine while it appears to time out. It never had trouble with the stock firmware, and I kept everything the same as far as channel, etc. A proper nvram erase & reboot was performed during installation. Again, it didn't have issues with stock firmware.

Just sharing my experience, wondering if anyone has experienced similar drop outs or time outs?

My first guess is that this client is an Intel 7260
TheNachoCheese
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 21:47    Post subject: Re: One device struggles with the 2.4 GHz wireless Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
TheNachoCheese wrote:

My first guess is that this client is an Intel 7260

Hi Kong, the device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0. I Google searched but couldn't find who manufactured the wireless card.
Paint
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 13:03    Post subject: Re: One device struggles with the 2.4 GHz wireless Reply with quote
TheNachoCheese wrote:

No, I havent experienced this on the last few builds I have used for the R8000, including the newest from Kong. I currently use a Samsung Note 4 and an Intel AC 7260 wireless card without any issues - sometimes if the 7260 reconnects to many different wireless networks, e.g. when traveling, I have to restart the computer to fix some functionality.

Can you post a screenshot of your Wireless and advanced wireless settings?
TheNachoCheese
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 15:39    Post subject: Re: One device struggles with the 2.4 GHz wireless Reply with quote
Paint wrote:
TheNachoCheese wrote:

No, I havent experienced this on the last few builds I have used for the R8000, including the newest from Kong. I currently use a Samsung Note 4 and an Intel AC 7260 wireless card without any issues - sometimes if the 7260 reconnects to many different wireless networks, e.g. when traveling, I have to restart the computer to fix some functionality.

Hi Paint, I had to return to stock last night but with ddwrt I kept all settings at default that Kong posted the build with, except naming the 2.4 GHz ssid "cb24", setting the channel to 11, and using WPA2 Personal security with a simple alpha numeric password.

Glad to hear your Note works with the last build. Of the 20+ devices in our house, they all loved Kong's build except the Galaxy Tab 4 7.0. 😕
RobertRollie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kong, just curious why you mentioned the Intel 7260? Are there specific problems with it youre aware of? I have the desktop one in my HTPC and had some firmware problems with it to begin with but it has been ok since I got my R8000
Paint
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:53    Post subject: Re: One device struggles with the 2.4 GHz wireless Reply with quote
TheNachoCheese wrote:
Paint wrote:
TheNachoCheese wrote:

Hi Paint, I had to return to stock last night but with ddwrt I kept all settings at default that Kong posted the build with, except naming the 2.4 GHz ssid "cb24", setting the channel to 11, and using WPA2 Personal security with a simple alpha numeric password.

Glad to hear your Note works with the last build. Of the 20+ devices in our house, they all loved Kong's build except the Galaxy Tab 4 7.0. 😕

Definitely interesting that the Galaxy Tab is the only device that does not like your network. Can you post a screenshot with your wireless and advanced wireless settings? Also, what version of Android are you using on this device?
Kasper-pa-
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will say that since updating to Kong's latest FW, almost everything is working perfectly!

My only 2 devices that seem to have issue are on the 2.4ghz band and they are Nest thermostat (disconnects multiple times during the day) and my Withings "Smart" scale, it connects fine but will NOT update any information to the app. I rolled back to the March release and the scale acts normally (sends data to the app) and my nest does not disconnect at all.

EDIT: Also, to be fair, this was done as a "dirty" flash (both ways). I haven't fully reset and re-configured to see if that helps. That may be my next move.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 30
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: