How to block Youtube App for Android and Ipad

Goto page Previous  1, 2
killmasta93
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
blocking though ip tables was not possible for me Sad i think at best is using opendns servers to block youtube in a home environment.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=280622&highlight=
Sponsor
djowett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
TDave00 wrote:
BTW, in the browser, this dnsmasq setting will lock them to youtube's safe search.
address=/www.youtube.com/216.239.38.120
(This option will enforce it on your whole network through the browser. Although you can exempt certain hosts if you choose to.)

If they are using a seperate google account on the tablet, you can also just turn on safesearch for that particular account. I think that covers search, and youtube.

I found that the above dnsmasq works well for youtube accessed from Safari or IE etc (I think I needed to add /m.youtube.com/216.239.38.120 as well); however it doesn't force the safe search on the iphone youtube app...ideas anyone? I tried adding /youtu.be/216.239.38.120 in the dnsmasq but no luck.

This is the only hole in my family network right now- a combination of opendns and dnsmasq works really well. I block everything except the google search engine and youtube with opendns and use dnsmasq to force safesearch with google and youtube except for the iphone app problem.
numbsyd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
perhaps this thread can help.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1061937#1061937

its about applying safesearch in google and youtube too. I have explicitly searched for keywords after applying solution, its working perfectly
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: