ADSL modem/routers....

waynea
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 13:11    Post subject: ADSL modem/routers.... Reply with quote
I understand that DD WRT does not support the standard combined ADSL modem/routers. I saw that there is one Buffalo device which does, are there any others?
If not, can anyone advise on a separate modem to buy, looking around (ebay etc) they seem quite rare these days...,.

many thanks
Sponsor
zip
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just saw this thread.

I do not know of any dsl modem/routers except for the old Buffalo listed on the home page.

I no longer have dsl and have a used Zoom modem as well as a Motorola that was provided by the ISP. Didn't use it except for a few times to troubleshoot (I wanted to use another type modem (Zoom) becuase it is a modem only and I could put my dd-wrt router behind it). The Motorola can supposedly be set to "bridged" which lets the dsl wan ip be obtained by a router. I never tried it though.

Both worked fine when I was on Bellsouth (ATT) dsl.

I am willing to talk.

Let me know if you want to talk on this thread and I will then send a pm so we can figure something out.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:24    Post subject: ADSL2+ Reply with quote
Hi guys,

First let me apologise for hijacking this thread. I live in a village and we have only just been upgraded to ADSL2+ (24Mb). I would love to use DD-WRT firmware but as the OP said there appears to only be 1 supported router that has a built in ADSL modem.

My experience with routers over the years (I have owned a great many) has never been particularly good. I've had crashing/freezing netgears and D-links. I have a great Draytek router but with appalling WiFi. I would like to hear of any good modems that people have used with a normal cable router. It looks like the router of choice would be an Asus RT-AC68U. Even better, although not supported, would be the Asus DSL-AC68U. I believe this is the same router but with an ADSL2+/VDSL modem built in.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: