PPTP isn't working on TP-Link 1043 ND (WLAN, LAN)

DasMoritz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 13:55    Post subject: PPTP isn't working on TP-Link 1043 ND (WLAN, LAN) Reply with quote
Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my TP Link 1043 ND (dd-wrt) and the WLAN and PPTP-Connection.

Setup / Situation:

My girlfriend is studying abroad and she has only a network cable in her living room. The students connect via network calbe to the local network and using a PPTP-Connection to the PPTP-Server.

Everything works fine on her cable-connected laptop (Win 8.1., cable-connection directly between cable and laptop without a swtich e.g., PPTP-Network).

My idea was to setup the TP-Link 1043 ND as an PPTP Client (Option 1) which connects to the PPTP-Server and allows PPTP-Passthroug. In my opinion the clients only have to connect to the WLAN of the TP-Link 1043 ND and everything should work fine.

But the 1043 ND isn't connecting the PPTP-Server (WAN-Type = PPTP, Settings like in this tutorial http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Static_PPTP_VPN_Client#Configure_PPTP_Client).

The lan-cable is connected to the WAN-Port at the 1043 ND, for tests we also use the normal LAN-Port.

There is no connection to the PPTP Server but i don't know why.

The other idea (Option 2) was to setup the 1043 ND as an normal WLAN-Access-Point connected to the LAN-cable via LAN-Port (not WAN-Port). Every client shoud use his own PPTP-Settings without any kind of PPTP-Configuration in the 1043 ND.

We can connect with the laptop normally, first the WLAN-Connection, than the PPTP-Tunnel - everthing fine.

If we want to connect with the two Android-Clients, they can connect to the WLAN for 2 minutes and the WLAN-Connection is rejected after 2 minutes, without any reason. If the clients are connected, we are using the default Andoid-App to connect to the PPTP-Server but it seems as the connection to the PPTP-Server isn't working (and the devices are disconnected by the server?).

Does anybody have an good idea to configure the 1043 ND as an regular PPTP-Client which connection can be used by the WLAN-CLients.

My english isn't the best, sorry.

Thank you.
Sponsor
katat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dear DasMoritz,
The PPTP Server may check the mac address. You can try to clone your girlfriend's computer mac address to the router.
Good luck.
Katat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: