Per user bandwidth monitor for this situation?

BliND123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 16:34    Post subject: Per user bandwidth monitor for this situation? Reply with quote
Is there any safe way to get per user bandwidth monitor on a router without USB? I have a Rosewill RNX-N300RT v1 with one of the Betas from the other day DD-WRT v3.0-r27490 (working great on my 2 routers by the way). At the moment I'm using Networx on my desktops, installed version and one portable version on each desktop (can't watch router and computer connection at the same time so need both running to watch one each), but the reading is always off on the one monitoring the router so I'd say it's probably off on the other one too. I also have tablets and phones which obviously can't use the Windows software Networx, I've been looking for a while and can't find something that can do this.
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 17:05    Post subject: Re: Per user bandwidth monitor for this situation? Reply with quote
BliND123 wrote:
Is there any safe way to get per user bandwidth monitor on a router without USB? I have a Rosewill RNX-N300RT v1 with one of the Betas from the other day DD-WRT v3.0-r27490 (working great on my 2 routers by the way). At the moment I'm using Networx on my desktops, installed version and one portable version on each desktop (can't watch router and computer connection at the same time so need both running to watch one each), but the reading is always off on the one monitoring the router so I'd say it's probably off on the other one too. I also have tablets and phones which obviously can't use the Windows software Networx, I've been looking for a while and can't find something that can do this.

Have you looked at YAMon (http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=259806)?

Full disclosure - I'm the guy responsible for YAMon so I am biased.

While it is far easier to setup YAMon if you have a USB port on your router, with a few changes to the configuration file, you can store its data on any network accessible location. Your problem then becomes one of configuring the shared drive.

Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: