Help--Might Have Bricked R7000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Jax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 19:04    Post subject: Help--Might Have Bricked R7000 Reply with quote
Confused Am a newb kina to DD-WRT but have been researching forums and wiki's for a couple weeks to learn as much as I can. I installed Kong dd-wrt.K3_R7000.chk 23-Aug-2015, about a week ago.

Things were going great. Had my 2.4 and 5GHz working as well as setting up a third 2.4GHz guest wifi. The settings other than that were pretty much default except for a MAC I had in QoS and 3 ports forwarded. I also had the reset button enabled.

I guess I should have left well enough alone, but I wanted the printer too work like it had been on the Netgear firmware. My son doesn't have a printer and just throws his print jobs over here.

I have a Canon Imageclass MF3010, plugged it into the USB port in the back of the router and enabled USB options in DD-WRT GUI on router.

I knew I had to install a print server so I googled and came up with this page...www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Printer_Sharing/.

It's not for the R7000 in particular but I figured it would work. I got to the "install printer drivers" part where it says use this command and parameters "ipkg -force-depends install kmod-usb-printer" to install but got an error stating folder couldn't be created because drive is read only.

I did that through the DD-WRT's GUI. After that, it rebooted. I attempted to access 192.168.1.1 and as soon as the page loaded, it rebooted again.

Ever since then, it powers up and as soon as all of the LEDs are white, it reboots again.

Is there any chance of getting my modem back, either with DD-WRT or OEM firmware?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
Jax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Made it out of the eternal boot cycle! Razz Razz Razz

All is good...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: