DIR-600 B2 first flash; may have bricked it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
goldie103
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:25    Post subject: DIR-600 B2 first flash; may have bricked it Reply with quote
Hi,

I recently tried to flash my DIR-600 B2 router through the web interface. I used build 21061 and Firefox, and after the 140 second wait it redirected me to an error page and I was unable to access either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and the router's power light was blinking amber.

Stupidly, I didn't do a reset before the flash, though I have since done several resets and attempted to enter recovery mode by holding down the reset button and plugging in power. Each time, I can see it's trying to connect to something at 192.168.0.1, but it always times out.

Setting my IP to 192.168.0.2 and pinging 192.168.0.1 results in "Destination host unreachable". Most of my reading suggests that I should be able to access the recovery page if the power button is blinking amber, but I haven't had any luck.

Any help would be appreciated. Smile
Sponsor
scorpsam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having the same problem.

I flashed the 21061 build on my DIR-600 B2 and then waited for the required duration till it flashed and rebooted. On connecting to 192.168.1.1, the page asked me to change the username and password and I did that. On submitting the new username and password it tried to save it but returned a page saying that it could not connect. Since then the router is showing only the power light in green. All the other lights are off. The LAN light corresponding to the connected port should be on but it isn't. Unable to connect to 192.168.1.1 anymore.

Tried the 30-30-30 reset but nothing seems to happen. I also tried to do the emergency room installation but it's not working. The step of holding the reset button and connecting the power does not show the power light as blinking. It just shows steady green light.

Please help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: