Restore TPLink WR740Nv5 original firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Suizaid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 21:02    Post subject: Restore TPLink WR740Nv5 original firmware Reply with quote
Hello everyone.
I've first installed DDWRT willing to try to eliminate a virus I supposed it was located in my router.

I'm one of those guys who tocuhes and changes thing in order to solve problems but I always end up causing more troubles than before.

The thing is that I've succesfully upgraded my firmware to DDWRT using those .bin at beta downloads..

But as I said before, I'm a definetly not an experienced user as DDWRT's mean to...

So now I'm looking forward to restore the original firmware. And I've seen there's a revert .bin archive for some routers. But there's no one for this v5 version...

Could you guys give me a hand?

(sorry for my bad english, I did my best Razz )
Sponsor
rizel
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:29    Post subject: Re: Restore TPLink WR740Nv5 original firmware Reply with quote
Suizaid wrote:
Hello everyone.
I've first installed DDWRT willing to try to eliminate a virus I supposed it was located in my router.

I'm one of those guys who tocuhes and changes thing in order to solve problems but I always end up causing more troubles than before.

The thing is that I've succesfully upgraded my firmware to DDWRT using those .bin at beta downloads..

But as I said before, I'm a definetly not an experienced user as DDWRT's mean to...

So now I'm looking forward to restore the original firmware. And I've seen there's a revert .bin archive for some routers. But there's no one for this v5 version...

Could you guys give me a hand?

(sorry for my bad english, I did my best Razz )

take a look here ....you will find what you need..

http://www.friedzombie.com/tplink-stripped-firmware/
Suizaid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well. Thanks for the fast reply !

So basically what I should do it's download this TL-WR740N-V5-stripped.zip file and upgrade my firmware directly from the DDWRT (192.168.1.1) Administration-Firmware Upgrade option?

That's all?

Thank you again.
Suizaid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Suizaid wrote:
Well. Thanks for the fast reply !

So basically what I should do it's download this TL-WR740N-V5-stripped.zip file and upgrade my firmware directly from the DDWRT (192.168.1.1) Administration-Firmware Upgrade option?

That's all?

Thank you again.

I'm asking beacuse of this last phrase in the page:
On most custom firmware variations out there the image downloaded from here can be flashed trough the webinterface, however some versions (like DD-wrt) need some extra steps that
are explained on the DD-wrt website.

What are those "extra steps" I must consider?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: