Universal Repeater with D-Link DIR-615 F/W H2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
zobial
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 17:38    Post subject: Universal Repeater with D-Link DIR-615 F/W H2 Reply with quote
Does anybody succeed in bringing DIR-615 H2 to work as a repeater?

If possible, which release should I use?

I tried several releases of DD-WRT without success.

When I put my router in "Client" mode, it connects quite rapidly to my AP, "Internet" LED lights green and wired computers can connect to the web. In "status/wireless", the connected AP and wired computer appear.

But as soon as I put the router in "Repeater" mode, the "Internet" LED turns amber, and no more wired or wireless connection to the web are possible. Connections do not appear on the "status/wireless" page, but the neighbour AP's are still visible on the "site survey" page.

Will it be possible to put the DIR-615 F/W H in repeater mode in a future release of DD-WRT.

Best Regards.
Sponsor
zobial
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:48    Post subject: Repeater with DIR-615 H2 Reply with quote
I found that there is a problem with wireless channel selection in other modes than "Client" in Ralink processors.

I fixed the channel number in "AP" mode, saved, and turned later the DIR-615 into "Repeater" mode.

Doing like this, I can connect the router to my AP in repeater mode, but as soon as I try to create a virtual interface, the connection to AP drops and the router looses the WAN IP.

I'm using built 28805 of dd-wrt, but the same occurs with 23505, 26446, 27490 and 27858.

Please help me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: