Can't get repeater bridge to work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Exelsior
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the help guys, but sadly still have a little problem. I did everything as it was written here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge it was quite easy, but the problem is that the devices that connect to the repeater bridge router have no internet connection, and I dont understand where is the mistake in my setup.

The main router/modem is a Speedport W724V, it's IP is 192.168.1.254, and it gives IPs on DHCP from 192.168.1.64 to 192.168.1.253 , everything works fine with that.

The other device is a D-Link DIR-615 router with the DD-WRT firmware. So I did all the setup as that was written, same SSID, same wifi security, code and everything, only the virtual SSID is different, as I read that it has to be different.
I gave to this router 192.168.1.2 IP (but maybe the 192.168.1.1 was good too, so I could leave that too) or does the DIR-615's IP have to be between the "192.168.1.64 to 192.168.1.253" range???
I tried with 192.168.1.253 too but still not worked with that IP too.

I checked the connection details, but they all look good, so maybe I did some DNS or DHCP setting badly.
I made some screenshot, maybe you will see where the bad setting is:

Last edited by Exelsior on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:22; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
You have done it correctly. Fixed ip addresses shall be outside the dhcp scope (64-253).

I cannot see your screen-shots. You should upload them to the forum and insert them into the post.
Exelsior
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok sorry, so here are the pictures for the repeater-bridge settings:

I read and searched on the forum and found some other people have this problem too, and because of the Ralink chipset, so I khink that is the problem, repeater-bridge mode didnot worked for them too.

I checked in the InSSIDer and it shows two different Wifi MAC for the DIR-615 , one with 5A ending the other 5B, maybe this is the problem, or why the different MAC IDs?
mikesal57
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd start from scratch..

reset modem...dont set up security
try to connect your d link as per instructions

it looks like the modems default login was 192.168.2.1
and now its different...

connet your pc to d ling and get it connected to your no security resetted modem...you need original user name and password..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: