Ash scripting "not found" error

DizKiz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:35    Post subject: Ash scripting "not found" error Reply with quote
I'm writing a script that will enable and disable internet access (on a timed basis) specific IP addresses on my internal network. The list of IPTABLES commands comes in as a "~" delimited list and my code loops through them and executes them in sequence.

The problem I'm having is that when the script goes to execute the command, a "not found" error is returned but when I copy and paste the command into the command line while telnet[ed] on router, the command works.

Script (loop):

Code:

fw_cmd_res="/usr/sbin/iptables -D FORWARD -s 192.168.69.112 -j DROP~/usr/sbin/iptables -D FORWARD -s 192.168.69.113 -j DROP"
IFS="~"
for cmd in $fw_cmd_res
do
  echo "cmd: $cmd"
  fw_cmd_res=$($cmd)
done

Results (with error):
Code:
cmd: /usr/sbin/iptables -D FORWARD -s 192.168.69.112 -j DROP
./requestor: line 61: /usr/sbin/iptables -D FORWARD -s 192.168.69.112 -j DROP: not found

I've even tried to write code as follows (to rule out an issue in the loop and the data passed):

Code:
test1="/usr/sbin/iptables -D FORWARD -s 192.168.69.112 -j DROP"
echo "cmd: $test1"
fw_cmd_res=$($test1)

And I still get the same result. A "which" on iptables shows the path to the executable exists /usr/sbin/iptables thus is correct.

Here are my system details:
Code:

DD-WRT v3.0-r27365M (06/18/15) kongac
Running on a Netgear Nighthawk R6700

root@r0ut3r:/jffs/webControl# uname -a
Linux r0ut3r 3.10.80 #389 SMP Thu Jun 18 22:32:27 CEST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
root@r0ut3r:/jffs/webControl# sh --version
BusyBox v1.23.2 (2015-06-18 22:31:17 CEST) built-in shell (ash)

Any help would be excellent. I bet it's a simple ash-related syntax issue, but I'm stumped. Please help.
Sponsor
DizKiz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 0:41    Post subject: Update: a hack of a solution but it appears to work Reply with quote
So... since I seemed to have stumped everyone I had to channel the power of dump luck. This is a complete 100% hack that I really believe I lucked into...

So... executing the command directly in the script was giving me a "not found". So... I "echo"ed it out to am executable script file on the file system in the same folder. Then I did an "sh" on that file using the full path and it worked. Seems dumb, but it work.

Really the fix leads me to believe I just have some sort of syntax error, but I'm not 1337 enough to know what it is. Please post a real fix if you find one.

Code:

IFS="~"
for cmd in $fw_cmd_res
do
  echo "cmd: $cmd"
  fw_cmd_res=$(echo "$cmd" > /jffs/webControl/cmd)
  fw_cmd_res=$(sh /jffs/webControl/cmd)
done
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: