WRT160N v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
troach
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 18:34    Post subject: WRT160N v2 Reply with quote
Hi,

There has been numerous posts regarding this router. The v2 is not supported but the v1 and v3 are because they use a brodcom chipset and this uses a ralink chipset. There is support for the Atheros AR7100 and everything matches up except for the fact that it also has a Realtek RTL8306SD in it from (https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Linksys_WRT160N_v2). I did a search after downloading the source tree and seem to find drivers in the AG7100 folder (Not AR7100) for this.

Could I take the AR7100, include this driver, compile and run on my WRT160n v2 in theory? I suppose the only other thing I would have to do is get the GPIO instructions from the other WRT160nv1 and v3 that work and in theory I should have a working solution?

I did see an issue a while back in the bug db that the reason this is not supported is that 16GB of RAM is not enough to run this wireless driver? (RT2880F)? Perhaps there is a new driver that is more efficient?

Trying to get some guidance. I know how to compile things and can read instructions but have never compiled DD-WRT and am willing to do this for my router since I see that most of the drivers are out there, just not in one place (I can do that).

Thanks!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: