New build is out 28054 (BS) V3.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
DaveTheNerd
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:13    Post subject: Only router mode has issues, not access points Reply with quote
I'm not sure if Brainslayer reads this forum or if there's a better place to post diagnostic info, but I have several routers of the Buffalo WZR-1750DHP ilk. On the latest r28054 build the ones in access point mode (I.e. Not routing data, WAN port assigned to LAN switch, etc) work fine and have been up for three-plus days. In regular router mode I can't get it to stay up for more than 12 hours (at best, and mostly it's just reboot loops).

Not sure if that's helpful for anyone's troubleshooting, but I share.
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:44    Post subject: Re: Only router mode has issues, not access points Reply with quote
DaveTheNerd wrote:
I'm not sure if Brainslayer reads this forum or if there's a better place to post diagnostic info, but I have several routers of the Buffalo WZR-1750DHP ilk. On the latest r28054 build the ones in access point mode (I.e. Not routing data, WAN port assigned to LAN switch, etc) work fine and have been up for three-plus days. In regular router mode I can't get it to stay up for more than 12 hours (at best, and mostly it's just reboot loops).

Not sure if that's helpful for anyone's troubleshooting, but I share.

I reopened this ticket: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4882#comment:26

cookieboyeli
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have never seen anything like this before. Connected over Wifi N 144mbps. No interference, -30dbi. No uploading or downloading from any client.

To make it even more mind blowing, downloading actually puts the latency close to normal! I was getting 6ms to the router during a speed test, then it went back to where it would be as soon as it stopped! Shocked Upload did the same thing but was inconsistent and only 1.35mbps instead of the usual 4.2mbps. Download was 60mbps instead of 66mbps.

I haven't tried anything to fix it yet or tested over ethernet.

I also noticed that the latency rolled in waves for about half of the climb. It would be low for one access point for a few pings then be low only for the next, etc. and work it's way around.
djrobx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a Buffalo 1750DHP.

I applied this firmware and everything worked for a few days. Then it spontaneously rebooted and lost all its config settings.

Then I tried to set the config back up again. Some of my configs require command line nvram set commands. That went OK for a bit. I went to do a commit on a relatively benign vlan setting and it crashed during commit.

It came back up again, with all settings cleared, but now the router would reboot any time I tried to set the admin password. From this point forward any nvram commit would crash it. I tried a 30 second reset, no difference.

I finally had to telnet into it to set the password to something else (without committing!) just so I could get to the firmware page and upload an older build that I knew worked OK (26947). Once that got uploaded, everything went back to normal and I'm back up again.

So whatever this issue is, it seems to have to do with NVRAM commits.
shpitz461
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm running 2 Buffalo WZR-D1800H in repeater bridge mode on wl0 (AC-Only).

Router #1 has only wl0 enabled.
Router #2 connects to router #1 on wl0 as repeater bridge.
Router #2 has wl1 set to N-Only 2.4GHz, serving all clients at home (phones, tablets, printer, laptops).

I'm getting random disconnects throughout the day, drives me nuts.

This happened with several of the latest build from the October and September.

Prior to this, I has wireless solidly working with an old build from December 2014 (but it had terrible repeater bridge performance, which was fixed in the latest builds
AlexPPC
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 19:48    Post subject: Netgear WNDR3700v2 = OK ! Reply with quote
Had one Netgear WNDR3700v2 on the shelf.
IT was with original FW 1.xx.14. Downgrade to 1.xx.12 from official site.
Flashed with .....factory.bin file from the dedicated thread here.
Received: this latest build ! Hats Off !

Worked more than 3 days in Client mode in 2,4GHZ B/G, with 5GHZ all Off.
No problems, just a restart needed inbetween days, in order to re-gain the maximum reached speed.
Drek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: Asus RT-68U
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r28054 std (10/30/15)
Kernel: Linux 3.10.92 #4797 SMP Fri Oct 30 06:34:21 CET 2015 armv7l
Reset: No
Errors: No

Lights still not working properly as per earlier version threads.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: