Ubiquity Bullet M2HP MultiSSID MultiVlan Trunk

chester_40391
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 0:17    Post subject: Ubiquity Bullet M2HP MultiSSID MultiVlan Trunk Reply with quote
I am exhausted with trying to figure this out everyday for a week now. Ive scoured the internet watching countless videos, wiki's, forums and I cant seem to tie it together because everything I find is dated or has a completely different interface than my version of dd-wrt. Ive poked around my device trying to figure it out on my own and rendered my device useless several times where I had to re-flash the device to regain access.

I am hoping someone has some helpful advice that is relevant to what I am trying to do and which makes sense regarding my device and the more current version of dd-wrt which is on it (Paid)

I have an Ubiquity Bullet M2HP with dd-wrt V3 installed. I want to have 3 SSID's each having a different Vlan (VLANS 192,193,30) I wish to carry these Vlans tagged over the device's single physical network connection to a Vlan aware switch. I have a Proxim Orinco AP doing this with its native OS without issue but I'm nearly at my end trying to get this to work with dd-wrt on Bullet M2HP.

Thanks for any relevant advice. I can assure you I have spent hours on the internet trying to piece together nuggets of info on various hardware and various versions of dd-wrt but none of which look like what is in front of me and I cant seem to apply the same settings.
Sponsor
chester_40391
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:36    Post subject: More details Reply with quote
attached screenshots of what my settings look like. This is how far I get before I lose access to my device and have to flash it to recover(twice actually once back to airos then back to dd-wrt because for some reason I am unable to use the button to reset defaults after flashing to dd-wrt) This happens after I start trying to make the trunk on the physical interface.

Anyway I think I have created the VAP's and I think ive bridged them to VLAN's. Assuming for a moment I did this correctly I dont know how to correctly create the trunk. Any guides I find are outdated and dont match my interface. Some guides also mention using command line but I have no reason to believe those are up to date either and find some post supporting this is no longer necessary and is fully supported by the gui at some point.

And no i purposefully didnt create any dhcp because this already exists on my network on the vlans I am attempting to use with this device.
chester_40391
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:07    Post subject: Gave up Reply with quote
Saw other similar posts going unanswered for years. Wish the trial was a bit longer so I would have time to realize how difficult it was to get support. Went back to AirOS and got what I needed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: