Netgear R8000 Port forwarding not working (iptables attached

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
n8theskate
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:12    Post subject: Netgear R8000 Port forwarding not working (iptables attached Reply with quote
I Just upgraded my main router to a Netgear R8000 and am unable to get port forwarding to work. I am connected through my ISP's router and have the R8000 in the DMZ and all firewalls disabled. I cleared the nvram before and after flashing and tried 2 different builds including kong.

My previous router (WNDR3700v2) works without issue and I copied all settings from it. I am trying to access some JAILS on my FreeNAS server which work fine on the WNDR3700 but not on the R8000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I followed the troubleshooting guide on por tforwarding and here is the output of iptables -t nat -vnL PREROUTING and iptables -vnL FORWARD:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=WPxjJU6t
Sponsor
n8theskate
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
UPDATE:

Flashed the router to latest stock Netgear firmware and STILL have the problem. Failing port forwarding on stock and DD-WRT.

Tested with canyouseeme.org:

Old router (WNDR3700) WORKING
New router (R8000) NOT WORKING

Both configured the same.

I am completely stumped at this point. I have had many routers over the years and never experienced this problem.
n8theskate
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
UPDATE:

Restored to stock again after clearing nvram. Reset router with paperclip (30 seconds while powered on) flashed dd-wrt did factory reset after flashing then everything worked. Not sure what the problem was but reseting multiple times seems to have cleared it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: