TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 19:54    Post subject: Re: New build 28374 is up Reply with quote
HipHopBlond wrote:
You can try now Build 28374 is up.

As I'm coming from WR1043ND to C9, can anyone confirm is it safe for flashing? Also, do I need to downgrade to the first tp-link firmware before I convert to dd-wrt? Should I do a factory reset after upgrade?

I really don't wanna brick it on it's first day here Very Happy

I think it's safe. I would reset at every step. This last one I installed has been great, no issues finally and I have a feeling it's cause I reset at each step.

Reset current firmware to factory then down grade and reset it again before flashing the factory-to-ddwrt file.

Also I have been successful restoring to factory firmware on one using just tftp method and on another using UART so you should be ok as there are methods to bring it back if you don't like it or if you do something wrong.

BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
on initial installation dd-wrt does a own factory default. so all the reset stuff is likelly not required and can be done later too in worst case

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
about the c1900. the c1900 is identical to c9 v2. BUT!!! it has small modifications in the radio data or in fact it will broadcast with less power. this date is stored as factory nvram within the bootloader. so to get more power. change the booloader using one from a c9v2. i will provide original images within my svn soon. but change your mac within the image

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/browser/src/router/tools/archerc9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 18:42    Post subject: Archer C1900 - CFE Bootloader Update to Archer C9 V2 Reply with quote
BrainSlayer,

Thank you for the great work!

Just wondering about the Archer C1900, you mentioned that it is identical to the Archer C9 V2 but has small modifications in the radio data (which will broadcast with less power unless updated / changed).

1. Will the upcoming release of your C1900 image update the CFE bootloader to change the factory NVRAM to allow for broadcasting at full power?

Such as with factory-to-ddwrt.bin or tl-nnnnn-webflash.bin ?

or

2. Will we need to update the CFE bootloader separately with the archerc9v2_cfe.bin (from http://svn.dd-wrt.com/browser/src/router/tools/archerc9)?

Please let us know.

Thanks again!
MyDogIsLego
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have no idea what I am doing wrong, can anyone help please? This is my VPN client setup + I pasted -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- to -----END CERTIFICATE----- part and -----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY----- to -----END PRIVATE KEY----- part into pub cert and private key.
This is status of OpenVPN

State
Client: AUTH

also TLS handshake failed message.

Also, I want to flash a new update, but there are v1 and 2, no idea which one to chose Confused .

vpn1.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.05 KB
 Viewed:  26549 Time(s)

vpn1.PNG

chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
MyDogIsLego wrote:
I have no idea what I am doing wrong, can anyone help please? This is my VPN client setup + I pasted -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- to -----END CERTIFICATE----- part and -----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY----- to -----END PRIVATE KEY----- part into pub cert and private key.

State

Also, I want to flash a new update, but there are v1 and 2, no idea which one to chose Confused .

Who is your VPN Provider? They should have step by step and help Docs. I use PIA and they have a few different ways to set it up.

As for V1 or V2, look on your sticker at the back. If you have been using earlier builds then it is most likely you will choose V1 as that is for the C9. V2 has been added for c1900 (I'm told this is the US version).

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
chrispa6e wrote:
MyDogIsLego wrote:

State

Who is your VPN Provider? They should have step by step and help Docs. I use PIA and they have a few different ways to set it up.

As for V1 or V2, look on your sticker at the back. If you have been using earlier builds then it is most likely you will choose V1 as that is for the C9. V2 has been added for c1900 (I'm told this is the US version).

Well, they do https://mullvad.net/en/setup/ddwrt/ but it's now working. I am trying the 3 hours free account, to test the speed before paying for it, but apparently I can't even connect.
lazarus12
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 23:52    Post subject: Problem: Archer C9 v1 does not work as Client Bridge Reply with quote
I've got C9 v1, and tried couple of DD-WRT builds, including very latest (r28397)

Everything works well as AP, however when i try to configure it as a Client Bridge, it does not see the primary AP.

I've got older TP Link (WDR3600?) and it works fine as a bridge.

is there something i can do to at least diagnose this issue?
chrispa6e
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
MyDogIsLego wrote:
chrispa6e wrote:
MyDogIsLego wrote:

State

Well, they do https://mullvad.net/en/setup/ddwrt/ but it's now working. I am trying the 3 hours free account, to test the speed before paying for it, but apparently I can't even connect.

FAQ Says use client software for free trial, perhaps that's why.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
chrispa6e wrote:
MyDogIsLego wrote:
chrispa6e wrote:
MyDogIsLego wrote:

State

FAQ Says use client software for free trial, perhaps that's why.

Must have missed that Embarassed . Thanks for that.
rontant
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:05    Post subject: IP Reservation Reply with quote
IP reservation on DD-WRT v3.0-r28397 still does not work. Sad
MyDogIsLego
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
My 2.4 wifi just died. FW from 1.12.
matteodv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!
This is my post and I'm an happy owner of this amazing router!
In the last few days I struggled to how to set up DD-WRT since it was my first flash but now I have a working C9 with SSH, FTP, SMB, OpenVPN, USB enabled and working well...

I just need some help finishing some things Smile
I took a 250GB HD and formatted as written in the Wiki:
sda1 512MB, exf3 named "Optware"
sda2 64MB, linux-swap named "Swap"
sda3 remaining space, exf3 named "NetworkDrive"

I connect the drive to the router and I gets correctly mounted, in fact I can access it through FTP and everything else...
The problem is that the router keeps mounting swap space! If I try to go to the USB settings while the HD is mounted, my browser always crash -.-
Furthermore, why is there a folder called "lost+found" inside sda3?
How can I solve this issue? Have I set up anything wrong?

Code:
USB Core Enabled
USB Printer Disabled
USB Storage Enabled
USB Over IP Enabled
Automatic Mount Enabled
Script and other fields are blank
Disk Info

--- /dev/sda1
Block device, size 509.8 MiB (534610944 bytes)
Ext3 file system
Volume name "Optware"
UUID EB9302E5-6AEA-41A8-B904-EA7EB8053E9A (DCE, v4)
Volume size 509.8 MiB (534609920 bytes, 522080 blocks of 1 KiB)
/dev/sda1 mounted to /opt

--- /dev/sda2
Block device, size 62.75 MiB (65802240 bytes)
Linux swap, version 2, subversion 1, 4 KiB pages, little-endian
Swap size 62.75 MiB (65794048 bytes, 16063 pages of 4 KiB)
/dev/sda2 mounted to swap

--- /dev/sda3
Block device, size 232.3 GiB (249456291840 bytes)
Ext3 file system
Volume name "NetworkDrive"
UUID 34CC3D8C-EFC0-4BC4-B6E2-7BAD4A028975 (DCE, v4)
Volume size 232.3 GiB (249456291840 bytes, 60902415 blocks of 4 KiB)
/dev/sda3 mounted to /tmp/mnt/sda3

/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
/dev/sda mounted to swap
and over and over...

Thanks to everyone!

EDIT: just found out a very big problem for me...
I read the thread and I knew about slower wifi speed so I didn't expect 8/900Mbps but the situation is worse than expected!
I have a smart TV with 5GHz WiFi at about 4/5 meters away the router, in the same room withour walls beetween them... The connection is absolutely slow and watching Netflix is a nightmare (loads at 240 frame while it worked well at 1080p before flashing)...
The problem is not my Internet connection since I have a 50Mb and because it works as normal if I connect the TV with Ethernet (which I can't, just to try)...
Any ideas to improve the WiFi?
HipHopBlond
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:01    Post subject: No problems so far Reply with quote
Upgraded flawlessly after downgrading to the stock firmware. I'm glad I can get back to DD-WRT after upgrading to the AC1900 v1 from WR1043ND v1.8. Did my vlan config so I get the IPTV to all the set top boxes. IP binding works ok. Speed is great, Wireless ratio 2.4ghz and 5ghz is ok, I even overclocked it from 1000MHz to 1600MHz with no probs and heat issues. The machine itself is great. From now on is just safely upgrading.

Lost the TP-link android app abilities and the guest network, but that's a small price to pay Smile

I used IE 11 to downgrade and upgrade.

Build 28444.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys, if any of you have a DD-WRT v3.0-r28397 std (12/01/15) and working 2.4GHz, could you please post your settings? I just can not make it work Crying or Very sad . It was working on previous version, but died on this one.

EDIT: still dead on DD-WRT v3.0-r28444 std (12/05/15). Is there a way to go back to stock and check if it is HW issue?

By the way, about the Mullvad stuff, it is something in the config, other VPNs are working fine.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: