Problems with wireless cards [Split]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
daviddrf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
albygas wrote:
ASUS RT-AC68U dd-wrt build 25974 (20/01/2015)

WIRELESS:
-BASIC SETTINGS:
--2.4ghz --> b/g modes not working
I've a computer with an old wireless card (intel pro wireless 2200bg that is only b/g). With stock fw works but with dd-wrt the pc wouldn't connect. (I've tried all modes in all possible channels, with all possible protections: b, g, b&g, g&n, n, mixed / CH 1-11 / 20, 40 MHZ / wpa, wpa2, wpa2 mixed)

+1. I had the same problem with two old laptops with that wireless network card Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG.
With DD-WRT there was not possible to connect. With the stock firmware and AsusWRT-Merlin there wasn't.
There's a problem with the LEDs in DD-WRT too. I think Wi-Fi and USB LEDs don't work properly with DD-WRT, with the stock firmware and AsusWRT-Merlin there's no problems. Goodbye and thank you for the information.
Sponsor
CTEC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
daviddrf wrote:
albygas wrote:
ASUS RT-AC68U dd-wrt build 25974 (20/01/2015)

WIRELESS:
-BASIC SETTINGS:
--2.4ghz --> b/g modes not working
I've a computer with an old wireless card (intel pro wireless 2200bg that is only b/g). With stock fw works but with dd-wrt the pc wouldn't connect. (I've tried all modes in all possible channels, with all possible protections: b, g, b&g, g&n, n, mixed / CH 1-11 / 20, 40 MHZ / wpa, wpa2, wpa2 mixed)

+1. I had the same problem with two old laptops with that wireless network card Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG.
With DD-WRT there was not possible to connect. With the stock firmware and AsusWRT-Merlin there wasn't.
There's a problem with the LEDs in DD-WRT too. I think Wi-Fi and USB LEDs don't work properly with DD-WRT, with the stock firmware and AsusWRT-Merlin there's no problems. Goodbye and thank you for the information.

I'll chime in about the Intel 2200 BG.

I never liked this card, and I upgraded a laptop with a TP-Link card that used an Atheros chipset.

So much better. You can also Google about the Intel 2230 card, a newer single band N card that suffers from connectivity drop outs.

Seems like the entire Intel 2000 lineup is screwed up.

That said, your problem could be the Broadcom wireless driver that these newer builds. Tomato uses older drivers in their builds that can sometimes run more reliable. There was a point sometime in 2010/2011 that Tomato writers were experimenting with 5.100.xyz drivers and 5.110.xyz drivers. The former was considered more reliable, so newer isn't always better.

Latest builds on K3.X branch use SDK7 rated drivers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: