Joined: 17 Sep 2013
|Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 18:49 Post subject: Advanced WiFi Signal Meter
|Hello all, in a couple of days I'm going to be building a WiFi BiQuad satellite dish.
As seen here:
Which lead me to thinking about how to aim the dish. I like how 'Site Survey' has nice layout/functionality. Thus, I wrote this small bit to grab information about APs the router can see and display the information in 3 ways:
1. Signal graph
2. Signal 'beep'
3. AP table
Check out the screenshot (removed MAC addresses):
1. Download and unzip 'meter.zip'
2. Enable SSH on your router
3. Enable JFFS
4. Symbolically link /tmp/www to /jffs/www
5. SCP the files into /jffs/www
6. Open http://routerIP/user/meter.html
Note: you have to be signed into the DD-WRT interface in order for the data to begin populating
The code is not the prettiest, I'll work out the kinks/bugs.