Access ssh from externally (i.e. from WAN)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
IcyMidnight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 22:28    Post subject: Access ssh from externally (i.e. from WAN) Reply with quote
I would like to ssh into my router so that I can set up secure tunnels into my LAN to access my windows box.

I've turned on sshd and can ssh from the LAN into the router, but not from outside into the router.

I tried setting up port forwarding to forward a port to the router's internal IP address, but didn't seem to work.

I couldn't find any posts that concerned this topic.
Sponsor
JohnnyPrimus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
The option is under Administration>Remote Management.

Enable remote ssh access and choose whatever port you want it to listen on.

You must have already changed the default password for the option to be available, so if you haven't do that first.
banderas2000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:02    Post subject: I´ve the same problem but with the 80 and 21 to private lan Reply with quote
the outside part.... dont routing to LAN.... Do you know any tool o command for view the process? for example... iptable (debbing, etc..) ?
Thanks! Sad
IcyMidnight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks JohnnyPrimus, but now I feel like an idiot! :D

I looked at the ssh options and the administration options, but didn't know (or forgot, not sure) that there were as different set of remote admin options. Now I know!

banderas2000 wrote:
the outside part.... dont routing to LAN.... Do you know any tool o command for view the process? for example... iptable (debbing, etc..) ?
Thanks! Sad

try ps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: