I just bought a Buffalo WBR-G54, how do I flash it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
lukechris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 13:10    Post subject: I just bought a Buffalo WBR-G54, how do I flash it? Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here!
Please could you tell me how to flash DD-WRT on a Buffalo WBR-G54 or please could you give me a link to a tutorial.
Thank you so much, and mods, if I posted in the wrong place, I'm really sorry Smile
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
First, check to see if your router is in the supported devices wiki. (Google "supported devices dd-wrt) Then read all the announcements at the top of the forum. Then go to the wiki and look up your router in the install page. Follow those instructions giving priority to the information from the announcements.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
lukechris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, It says:
min required DD-WRT version : v23 SP2, only VINT for >=v.24
Notes for Running DD-WRT : initial flash: use ddadder or Tftp_flash

I know what ddadder and tftp_flash are, but how do I know which files to flash, sorry I'm new
Thanks so much
Luke

EDIT: Just found the downloads section, but clicking on WBR-G54 brings up, LOTS.
Please could someone please redirect me to which flash file i need to download, Thanks again!

EDIT 2: Or do I just need to download a stable version, and if so which one?
Thanks
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
lukechris wrote:
OK, It says:
min required DD-WRT version : v23 SP2, only VINT for >=v.24
Notes for Running DD-WRT : initial flash: use ddadder or Tftp_flash

I know what ddadder and tftp_flash are, but how do I know which files to flash, sorry I'm new
Thanks so much
Luke

EDIT: Just found the downloads section, but clicking on WBR-G54 brings up, LOTS.
Please could someone please redirect me to which flash file i need to download, Thanks again!

EDIT 2: Or do I just need to download a stable version, and if so which one?
Thanks

You can run the new V24 builds on this router....I suggest you get a VINT build though...as there are not many of these units loaded out there. Mine is a wl0_corerev=5 and will run the NEWD builds...but these early units were always subject to change by the manufacture.

mine is 4M flash and 16M of RAM also...I've heard some are only 2M Flash.

Try loading this build on the unit
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn12307/dd-wrt.v24-12307_VINT_micro.bin

You might need the ddadder program to install the correct header...but I can't remember...It loaded mine over a year ago and don't have any specifics in my notes for this model. (I think I just flashed it with tftp...but again...I am not sure)

redhawk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
So if I use the VINT build, could it have a chance of bricking?
And sorry I don't understand what you said about what to use to flash DD-WRT. Please could you just clarify that.
Thanks so much for your time and help,
Luke
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
If it says OR tftp flash, then you should take a look at the process in note 11 of the peacock announcements. Once you read the announcements, things will be clearer, hopefully. Good luck!
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
lukechris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks so much, love this forum already.
Instant replies
Cheers!
lukechris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok,
I have decided to flash with TFTP, and according to the DD-WRT wiki, it says "(Get the latest DD-WRT release here (please use the mini version for devices with 4 MB flash and the micro version for 2 MB flash devices)"
I found out elsewhere that I have to use V23 SP2, so would it be:
dd-wrt.v23_mini_generic.bin I need to use?
I got that from stable/dd-wrt.v23 SP2/mini in the downloads sections,
THANKS much appreciated
lukechris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's OK I found THIS!![/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: