Linksys e1000v2 now supported

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
revmarkp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 15:26    Post subject: vlan tagged trunking on linksys e1000 (cisco) router as AP Reply with quote
I have both v2 and v2.1 APs as mentioned in the title of this post and have for months (literally) been trying to set them up as dual BSSID APs and trunking the two wlans out to my switch using a tagged trunked port.

As (I think) is recommended I have flashed with:
dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin
(described as 'Webflash image for first installation')

then, just in case it makes any difference, I've made double sure by reflashing with:
dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin
(which I assume is used after an initial flash from stock should you need to start over)

Here I note:http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=607698#607698

phuzi0n wrote:
Port based and 802.1q VLAN's work on this model but only by using nvram variables as described on the switched ports wiki page. However, I was not able to set the default VLAN on a trunk port (untagged VLAN mixed with tagged VLAN's on the same port).

The switch-core and switch-robo modules do not load at startup but if I manually load them then the GUI still does not work and neither does echo'ing to /proc/switch to change the port configs. Doing either of these causes the switch to become unresponsive.

Currently vlan0ports and vlan0hwname nvram variables are being set by the firmware which causes a vlan0 interface to show up in the Networking page although it is not used.

root@DD-WRT:~# nvram show | grep vlan.ports
vlan2ports=0 5
vlan0ports=1 2 3 4 5*
vlan1ports=1 2 3 4 5*

The ports are labeled backwards so vlan1ports should be this:
nvram set vlan1ports="4 3 2 1 5*"

My nvram variables totally concur with what phuzi0n says in the above post:

root@DD-WRT:~# nvram show | grep vlan.*ports | sort
size: 24854 bytes (7914 left)
vlan0ports=1 2 3 4 5*
vlan1ports=1 2 3 4 5*
vlan2ports=0 5

root@DD-WRT:~# nvram show | grep port.*vlans | sort
size: 24854 bytes (7914 left)
port0vlans=1
port1vlans=0
port2vlans=0
port3vlans=0
port4vlans=0
port5vlans=0 1 16

root@DD-WRT:~# nvram show | grep vlan.*hwname
vlan2hwname=et0
vlan1hwname=et0
vlan0hwname=et0

Just when I think I'm getting my head round things this has really confused me!
I thought I had understood that devices with 100mbit switch usually used vlans 0 and 1, and the gigabit switch devices use 1 and 2

Eko and LOM note this about the way this chip is used in this instance though (http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=595874#595874):
LOM wrote:
Eko wrote:
Gig lines are only internal in the cpu, all outside port lines are 100mbps

Supported Devices updated (gigabit notation removed).

This cpu can obviously be used together with an external switch ic which then can be a gigabit switch but the built-in switch is only 100Mbps.

My Question is:
Given what phuzi0n says above do I have to assume this switch has vlans setup like the gigabit ones, even though its "built-in switch is only 100Mbps" and even though it calls the CPU internal default "5*" not "8*" ?

I'm wondering if my spectacular fail with setting up a tagged trunked port is linked to my inability to grasp this, combined with the fact that the setup/vlans gui indicates vlans 0 and 1 are used!

Another Q:
Do I need to worry about "switch-core and switch-robo modules not loading at startup"?

Thanks for any thoughts
Sponsor
ka4o_pi4a
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello. I have one e1000 v2 briked during update. I didn't manage to unbrik it using the tutorial in the wiki. I have a UART Serial converter. Any suggestions ?
h3is3nb3rg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, same here.

I have an E1000 V2 router and mistakenly flashed it with E1000 V1 firmware. I managed to get the serial console, so I can see, when exactly is the router waiting (5 attempts) for TFTP.

ctrl+c did not work at all for me (I have a Mac and I tried screen /dev/device 115200, I tried it in hypertrm in a VM too, no success), I can see router booting, but my input is ignored.

Router is powered from it's adapter, I have 3.3V UART USB dongle for programming arduino.

after 2 hours of trying I realized that Ethernet port is not active yet when router wants to TFTP. IMPORTANT: connect router with computer via switch ! do not connect it with standard patch cable. it takes a while until computer activates ethernet !

the TFTP part looks like this:

- switch off the router, connect serial console (screen /dev/cu.something 115200)
- in Terminal window I prepare tftp put (binary) and don't press enter.
- when I see that router is trying to TFTP, I press enter for TFTP PUT command.
- router stops blinking power led, and the upload takes cca 45seconds.
- after TFTP gives an output that the firmware upload is complete, I am seeing PANIC in serial console with a message "out of memory" or something. - and here I'm stuck. I tried more firmwares, dd-wrt and original downloaded from Linksys, but it made no difference.

Then I'm seeing CFE> prompt, but it's not reacting to keyboard, but it can be also a problem with Macintosh keyboard ASCII code.
h3is3nb3rg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
continuation of precious post:

Today I will try to boot my mac into bootcamp Windows, connect standard USB keyboard and will give a try.

in the meantime, did someone see such behavior ? I did not get any ping response, but since I got the serial console and managed TFTP to upload, I did not bother more with ping.

can somebody help ?
h3is3nb3rg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
reeaaaally funny. I had wrong cable at TX pin of my USB FTDI interface !!!

everything okay, everything works. router is working. spent 5 hours on $10 router. this must be a hobby tho
briannewberry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 14:02    Post subject: Got the right Sputnik .bin for E1000. Now what...? Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!

Forgive my inexperience among you knowledgeable tech folks.

I just bought Sputnik for our little coffee house. My router complies with Sputnik's specs.

I downloaded the appropriate .bin file, and I have no idea how to "Flash" this .bin file to my E1000 router. Can anyone PLEASE help....?

Thanks!

Brian
Nunclud
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:42    Post subject: restricting web and application access using linksys E1000 Reply with quote
How can restrict access to certain websites and applications using my E1000 router. I am running dd-wrt latest software (v2.0). I have tried setting it up in the Access restriction page og the router but it didn't work. i could still access the sites. pls help.
Nunclud
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 13:49    Post subject: Re: restricting web and application access using linksys E10 Reply with quote
Nunclud wrote:
How can restrict access to certain websites and applications using my E1000 router. I am running dd-wrt latest software (v2.0). I have tried setting it up in the Access restriction page og the router but it didn't work. i could still access the sites. pls help.

I just noticed that some site gets blocked with stock firmware but for you tube and other that uses https, you have to block https. That will make it impossible to visit any site with https, Now that a bigger problem.
phbb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 19:29    Post subject: Authentication issue on WIFI Reply with quote
Hi,

so i know its a few years late but just trying out. I recently tried steps to activate repeater, I upgraded using E1000 V2.1 dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin and it works but only for LAN.

1. When connected to router -> LAN, internet is there.
2. When trying to connect via WIFI, entering the same user/password as with main router. It is timing out with error

"Unable to authenticate with network. Please check settings in security" -> on my phone

"Unnable to connect to network" -> On my laptop.

Please advise what needs to be checked. Since the repeater via LAN already has internet connection I am assuming my steps have problems on the "WIFI" part..

thanks
vlsd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 17:08    Post subject: Re: Can't change wireless channel Reply with quote
corig1 wrote:
May have misposted this earlier, pardon.

Cannot change wireless channel on e1000v2 using build dd-wrt.v24-18777_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.

The channel setting always reverts to Auto.

Thanks

(it is not a browser cache problem)

I'm having the same issue on e1000v2.1 when using build dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini. It only happens for wireless-n, however. If I select "g only" wifi mode I can change the channel no problem. I assume this is a bug...
titis14
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello would it be possible to evolve the e1000 v2 to have the hotsport functionality of the site hostspotsystem like on other model?
The latest version does not allow to use it.
Is it possible to put the version r22118 ?
Thank you.
titis14
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello I finally found in the other download a mini hotspot version but the problem and that image and too big. The Linksys e1000 v2.0 has 4Mb of flash memory and the image makes 3.9Mo of the blow the flash does not pass it does the normal step but this one remains in version Mini es this version mini hotspot has been tested?
I was able to put the last mini version I did again try the version mini hotspot but still impossible would you have an idea?
Thank you
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: