Linksys e1000v2 now supported

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
xsever
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I performed my benchmarks and the DD-WRT firmware was 40-50% slower in terms of bandwidth than the original Cisco firmware.

If you're too worried about speed, then the DD-WRT features speak for themselves.

Thank you nonetheless and hopefully you can optimize the firmware better so that more can be squeezed out of it without overclocking the chip.
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got done testing wireless performance on the e1000 v2.0 and DD-WRT gave better wireless throughput than stock fw all around. It has pretty amazing wireless performance for a $24 router, some of the best results for any model I have.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless-N_Throughput_Testing

phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Port based and 802.1q VLAN's work on this model but only by using nvram variables as described on the switched ports wiki page. However, I was not able to set the default VLAN on a trunk port (untagged VLAN mixed with tagged VLAN's on the same port).

The switch-core and switch-robo modules do not load at startup but if I manually load them then the GUI still does not work and neither does echo'ing to /proc/switch to change the port configs. Doing either of these causes the switch to become unresponsive.

Currently vlan0ports and vlan0hwname nvram variables are being set by the firmware which causes a vlan0 interface to show up in the Networking page although it is not used.

root@DD-WRT:~# nvram show | grep vlan.ports
vlan2ports=0 5
vlan0ports=1 2 3 4 5*
vlan1ports=1 2 3 4 5*

The ports are labeled backwards so vlan1ports should be this:
nvram set vlan1ports="4 3 2 1 5*"

bn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey all, and thanks for the useful posts!

Quote:
if so DD-WRT gurus advice to set the piece to "router" mode rather than "gateway", the main difference being "router" mode doesn't perform NAT translation.

Lobotom, thank you for the suggestion, but this is my only router, so NAT is a must.

Quote:
No, DD-WRT enables things that require more processing than stock firmware does. The main thing for WAN performance is that it uses a different method of NAT that is required for many features that DD-WRT offers, so it can not use the simple/fast method that stock firmware does.

phuzi0n, thanks for the useful explanation. One question regarding that - how about disabling some features or replacing the NAT method with a simpler/faster one? Would that increase the performance and is it even possible? I only need a few features of DD-WRT, namely, PXE enabled DHCP server and (maybe) put a TFTP server on it. If I have to sacrifice 50% of max throughput for that, I should probably be better off setting a proxy DHCP on my main PC and sticking with the stock FW.

Thank you in advance!
firehawk335
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 20:48    Post subject: Universal Wireless Repeater mode Reply with quote
Hi all,
Newbie here, been reading and trying for 2 days now to set up my E1000v2 with Universal Wireless Repeater mode to pull in weak signals in campgrounds. Has anyone been able to make this work?

I've followed the wiki instructions for client, client bridge, repeater, repeater-bridge, universal wireless repeater; none of them work to allow me to access a remote unsecured network.

Using the universal wireless repeater instructions exactly. When I reboot the router only the port 1 light and power light come on. The wireless light does not and I cannot access the E1000v2 by ethernet or wireless, and the E1000v2 is not broadcasting an SSID. I have to do a 30/30/30 reset and it returns to the base dd-wrt firmware and will boot up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Hawk
whitexplorer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:08    Post subject: Re: Universal Wireless Repeater mode Reply with quote
firehawk335 wrote:
Hi all,
Newbie here, been reading and trying for 2 days now to set up my E1000v2 with Universal Wireless Repeater mode to pull in weak signals in campgrounds. Has anyone been able to make this work?

I've followed the wiki instructions for client, client bridge, repeater, repeater-bridge, universal wireless repeater; none of them work to allow me to access a remote unsecured network.

Using the universal wireless repeater instructions exactly. When I reboot the router only the port 1 light and power light come on. The wireless light does not and I cannot access the E1000v2 by ethernet or wireless, and the E1000v2 is not broadcasting an SSID. I have to do a 30/30/30 reset and it returns to the base dd-wrt firmware and will boot up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Hawk

I'm new in DD-WRT, and I really appreciate all your help and awsome works. However; I have E1000 v2.1 with dd-wrt.v24-16758_newd-2_k2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin, and I have tried client, client bridge, repeater, repeater-bridge, universal wireless repeater, and none of them work on mine too. Any solution for this?
Lobotom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, currently using FW dd-wrt.v24-16758_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn_small.bin, tried it out and all seems to go OK. Well I couldn't tell every features work or whatever, since I didn't test them "every features", but the FW got flashed properly.

After the bandwidth interrogations above, and even though it's been covered already, I want to report that DD-WRT isn't slower than stock FW. And here I'm talking wired connection.
I did a Speedtest and I got approx.:
- 70Mbps down/ 50Mbps up with stock FW
- around 80 Mbps down / 50 Mbps up with DD-WRT.

@Phuzi0n: I see on your WiFi bandwidth test page that E1000v2 is listed... I deduce it means that built 16994 k2.6 runs smooth on it. Wouldn't it a good idea to reflect this in the top post of the thread or somewhere alike? Not to rant or anything, but I flashed my FW yesterday, I would have liked to know if a more recent one is supported. Wink
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lobotom wrote:
@Phuzi0n: I see on your WiFi bandwidth test page that E1000v2 is listed... I deduce it means that built 16994 k2.6 runs smooth on it. Wouldn't it a good idea to reflect this in the top post of the thread or somewhere alike? Not to rant or anything, but I flashed my FW yesterday, I would have liked to know if a more recent one is supported. Wink

Nobody is going to waste their time advertising new beta builds in every possible place that people might look for them. If you want more recent builds then pay attention to the forum for new build threads.

bellwd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 16:07    Post subject: Bridge connections for workgroups Reply with quote
I just configured a brige connection to my access point. I't works great! Thanks for the hard work!
Just a quick question, can I setup a bridge connection for a workgroup network? No DCHP, no DNS, only peer to peer connections with hard IP address. If so how to i setup the IP address on the wireless routers and bridges?
Shah15
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 23:07    Post subject: Linksys E1000 v2 Reply with quote
I have Linksys E1000 and i have change Firmware to dd-wrt one but when i connect to internet port it does not work what should i do?

I have Business network which has 1 network code which comes out from modem and goes in to Linksys WRT160N from that i have to 2 cable coming out one goes to switch and one comes @ office at the business. from switch i have one cable which comes directly to back office of my business and trying to plug in that it does not work it shows me signal and connects but does not show webpage not sure what is wrong with it...pl. some one help me out!! Question Question Question Question
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:50    Post subject: Re: Linksys E1000 v2 Reply with quote
Shah15 wrote:
I have Linksys E1000 and i have change Firmware to dd-wrt one but when i connect to internet port it does not work what should i do?

Hire a network tech.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, found out that I needed to install a "small" firmware package rather than the micro.

dd-wrt.v24-16994_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin

Now it lets me setup the Universal Wireless Repeater as per Wiki instructions, boots up, etc.

New trouble, I can see the surrounding networks from the router; I can even join the network with the router. But I don't get a WAN address.. Not sure that I should, but ...
I can also connect to the router vlan repeater with my laptop, but cannot access the internet. It's like there is a disjunct between connecting to the remote network and bridging it to the local vlan. Not sure I'm getting an IP address from the remote network.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Hawk
xi Slick ix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 21:21    Post subject: Clarification Please Reply with quote
Firmware Recommendations:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043

Which points to K26 models...
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63757

...has the e1000 v2 listed here. 14929 seems to be the suggested firmware here.

This thread suggests 16758 at the beginning.

Which one do I want?
Thanks

(1) WRT54GS v5
Running 13527 Micro
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 22:09    Post subject: Re: Clarification Please Reply with quote
xi Slick ix wrote:
Firmware Recommendations:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043

Which points to K26 models...
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63757

...has the e1000 v2 listed here. 14929 seems to be the suggested firmware here.

This thread suggests 16758 at the beginning.

Which one do I want?
Thanks

16758 was the 1st build that supports this router. If you flash an earlier build, you will not end up happy. You have to flash 16758 or later builds to this router.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:34    Post subject: Wireless Bridging Reply with quote
Hey everyone,

I'm new when it comes to setting up advanced wireless networks, but I'm trying to use a second E1000 as a wireless bridge (at least I think that's the correct terminology for what I'm trying to do). I have my first E1000 (without the DD-WRT firmware) connected directly to the internet and want to place the other router elsewhere in my apartment. I want it to be connected to the first one wirelessly while being able to use the wired connections in the second one to connect to the internet. I went through the steps at http://www.connectedhome.infopint.com/bridge-two-wireless-routers/ without success in setting it up. Could anyone give me any specific advice to setting this up? Do I need to have the DD-WRT firmware on both routers? If so the first one is v2.1 and the second is v2.0. I have DD-WRT installed on the second one.

Thanks for the help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: