Linksys e1000v2 now supported

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Talantyyr wrote:
Hi,

I've recently bought a Linksys E1000 v2.1 Router and i'd like to use ddwrt. (That the E1000 is supported, was the main reason i bought it)

I've downloaded the dd-wrt.v24-16758_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin and tried to flash it a few times to my router. I've read the Peacock Document and tried the 30-30-30 Reset...

The Update process fails at 4%, everytime...

Edit: Btw, i do live in Austria and i've bought the router there, if that's important...

Has anybody experienced the same issue? Please help me Smile

READ the thread. This is for a v.2.0. You have a 2.1. If you read the thread, you will see a link to a thread for the 2.1.

FROM Barryware:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=138056&start=25

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."

Last edited by Murrkf on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:20; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
ComputerNerd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:21    Post subject: Re: E1000v2.1 Reply with quote
xhanay wrote:
Eko wrote:
mike5757 wrote:
I doubt the answer to the question I'm about to ask is yes, but will this build work on the E1000 v2.1?

not without some tweaking -

Damn, I just bought one thinking the subversions would also be compatible. I was able to flash it for v2 but the repeater bridge is not working. I guess I'll have to wait, thanks for all your work.

This is the Model I purchased:
MODEL: E1000 v2
It's refurbished but at the linksys site is located with the ID: E1000-RM V2

I don't think xhanay's question got fully answered so I would like to ask it again. I just purchased an E1000RM Cisco Linksys refurbished from here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124405. I see downloads and support for E1000 up to V2 but does DD-WRT support E1000RM? Does the "RM" mean something important for DD-WRT or do I not need to worry about it?

Thanks!
Mangix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
no difference. just flash it
ComputerNerd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 19:55    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote
Thanks Mangix. This may sound newb but I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

When people are referring to v1, v2 and v2.1 where do you find this information? On the bottom of my E1000RM it states E1000 V2, but the stock firmware states v2.1. Which number is everyone referring to? The number physically imprinted on the device or the stock firmware?

Thanks!
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
when we talk about V numbers (version) we are always referring to the hardware.

If after the model number on the sticker, there is nothing, then that is a V1 (cuz the v2 wasn't invented yet so there is no need for a version number).

After that, the device will always have a version number (hardware version).. E1000 V2.. E1000 V2.1 or V21.

Once dd-wrt is on the router, the version of the oem firmware does not matter.. It is no longer there.

In regards to the oem firmware version for the V2 & V2.1.. If you look on the linksys site, it is the same firmware for either. dd-wrt needed to make an adjustment for the initial flash for a V2.1 vs a V2. after that, it no longer matters.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
in other words, yours is a v2(like mine) so flash it with the v2 trailed build.
brandtb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 13:34    Post subject: E1000 as repeater bridged to M20 Valet Plus Reply with quote
Well, my Valet M20 was stuck upstairs in my guest room at the front of the house, connected to the Clear 4G modem (don't ask, but it works almost satisfactorily).

Most of my computers are toward the rear of my house, so wireless signal is not great and I was getting a LOT of dropped connections, which is partly signal strength and partly known issues with the Valet Plus.

I had an E1000v2 hanging around that had even weaker signal to the back of the house, so I decided to flash DD-WRT on both of the routers, using the M20 as the main and the E1000 as the repeater.

Lots of good instructions around here and I was able to get both configured with relatively little trouble. I was not great about doing the 30/30/30 at first, but learned quickly from my mistake and did it faithfully afterwards.

Now I am getting some good strong wi-fi at the back of my house. Time will tell how much more reliable this will be over time, especially for some of my home automation-related tools. So far, so good.

I haven't done any bandwidth tests to see how much it affects my connection, but I'll be doing that sometime this week.

My thanks to all of the good people who make this possible. Now I don't have a second router collecting dust, I can actually use the stinking thing for a good purpose!
koopakid08
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:13    Post subject: Noob Here Reply with quote
OK everyone, I am a complete noob here dd-wrt so go easy on me. I really don't want to screw this up so I am probally about to ask a bunch of DUH questions
So to install I just use the Fireware upgrade option from the web browser?
No 30-30-30 reset thing that I have been reading about?
I just browse to the file and click update and that is all that I have to do?

Thanks in advance for helping me out. You don't know how awesome you guys are.
koopakid08
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK I got it flashed and now I have a problem.. There is no openVPN settings!!! Could someone help me try and set up a PPTP connection to HMA VPN pro? The only tutorial they have is for openVPN..

Is there a way to get openVPN on the E1000?
koopakid08
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
NVM I figured it out!
hookahzorr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 22:26    Post subject: Read all instructions, peacock page, just have 1 question: Reply with quote
I have the e1000 v2 and i w am wanting to use open vpn with it, i see the firmware file to flash in the op then i look at all the firmware files here and see 3 open vpn ones...

My question what vpn file do i use and does it replace the OP firmware? is it one firmware at a time?

Would appreciate a little help.

Thanks
Xabre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Small question, I'm currently running an E1000 v2 with the initial firmware:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/Cisco%20Linksys/E1000/v2.0/dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin

Now I would like to use OpenVPN, is this the right firmware:
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn17990/dd-wrt.v24-17990_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn_small.bin

?
foppa78
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 22:01    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote
I have spent the last several days reading and soaking up as much information as I could on here. Yesterday I finally decided to give it a try. I flashed my Linksys e1000 v2 with the dd-wrt.v24-16758_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin that was provided in this thread. I had a few issues but was able to quickly resolve them by referencing back to all of the instructions and peacock threads that I had read previously. I followed the directions to set it up as a repeater and it appears to be working well. I just wanted to drop in and thank you for providing this. I guess I dont have any questions at this time but if I do I will be sure to drop back in here. Thanks again!!
HardReset
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 22:40    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote
foppa78 wrote:
I have spent the last several days reading and soaking up as much information as I could on here. Yesterday I finally decided to give it a try. I flashed my Linksys e1000 v2 with the dd-wrt.v24-16758_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin that was provided in this thread. I had a few issues but was able to quickly resolve them by referencing back to all of the instructions and peacock threads that I had read previously. I followed the directions to set it up as a repeater and it appears to be working well. I just wanted to drop in and thank you for providing this. I guess I dont have any questions at this time but if I do I will be sure to drop back in here. Thanks again!!

Gott'a love the "peacock" announcement!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Work great thank you! Very Happy

Lhh305
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: