WLan problem with DHCP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kf4nnp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 17:18    Post subject: WLan problem with DHCP Reply with quote
ok, I have a wrt53g v6, i can load DD-WRT Micro to it fine. Everything works great EXCEPT the WLAN. all the desktops hooked through cables get DHCP addresses and work fine, but the WLAN is really unstable. I put my laptop on the other side of the room running netstumbler so i could watch the results of differant setting. It picks up the network but when i try to connect the router will not respond to it, so I end up with a private ip that obviously won't connect. when i check the stats, no packets have been received from the router at all, including the DHCP. when i check the status page the router says it is transmitting but not receiving, but shows the MAC and computer name of my laptop with full signal. or the packets received will exactly match the packets sent. i thought maybe it was a problem with the radios so i set TX to one antenna and RX to the other to maybe keep them apart, no luck. I also noticed that sometimes i can cut the radio off but my laptop still shows the router as TXing. I origionally loaded Micro-generic v23 sp2 and had these problems, then upgraded to Micro-WRTG54G v23 sp2, then tried sp3. had the exact same problem with all builds.
btw: i reinstalled the origional linksys firmware and everything works fine, so i know i dont have a problem with the radio or hardware in the unit.
Sponsor
cylorash
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 22:57    Post subject: Re: WLan problem with DHCP Reply with quote
hi,

(wrt54g v5 running micro)

i had / have a similar problem with getting the wireless client to get an ip address.

i found that if i enable DHCP Server but i disable the 'Use DNSMasq for DHCP' and the 'Use DNSMasq for DNS' options, the router pulls the dns from the cable modem, and the two clients (set to obtain their addresses automatically) do what they used to do until now and get an ip from the consecutive list (i.e. 192.168.1.100, 198.168.1.101, etc.).

this may be VERY incorrect, but it's been working so far.

now i'm serious noob so i hope my reply is not totally off of your problem.

can anyone shine more light on this?
kf4nnp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did try unchecking them one time, with no luck. Maybe i should have Power Cycled it afterwards, i can't remember if i did or not. I am gonna have to use it like it is with the linksys software on it this weekend, I will start trying to get ddwrt working again next week. If anyone else has any suggestions on the problem i'm all ears...
scrawnyb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Having the same problem with a WRT54G v3.0 and DHCP works absolutely fine on the LAN side, but the Wireless seems all goofy, like it doesn't even want to connect properly, not quite sure whats going on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: