WRT54G v6 in the UK?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
leaded
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 19:27    Post subject: WRT54G v6 in the UK? Reply with quote
Hey guys. I'm about to have an extra WRT54G v6 with DD-WRT on it. My girlfriend is studying in England right now, but her wireless signal in her dorm is awful, so our Skype calls are dropped all the time. I was thinking about sending her my router, but the a/c adapter is 110V only. I bought her a cheap ($11 after rebate) D-Link USB wireless adapter, but it was DOA. And who knows how stable it'll be. I'd rather send her my WRT54G and set it up in client bridge mode.

Since her laptop's internal wi-fi card can connect, I'm sure the WRT54G can connect as well (no frequency issues). I'm not worried about that. But the a/c adapter is not autoswitching like her laptop's is. Where can I get a 220V (or whatever it is) a/c adapter so it'll work in the UK? Would I be better off getting some kind of transformer? Will purchasing either item just cost too much money?

I wish the Buffalo AirStation WLI-U2-SG54HP was on the market because I'd just buy her that for $30. Oh well...
Sponsor
leaded
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: