Intermittent disconnects with WRT54GL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
TimJacob2001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 16:08    Post subject: Intermittent disconnects with WRT54GL Reply with quote
I am running a WRT54GL (w/ version 24 beta) as a repeater, and a D-Link DWL-7200AP (with their firmware) as an access point on channel 11. The distance between them is about 200 yards. It is using WPA for security, and not broadcasting the SSID. I can also do it as a client, but it seems to stay connected longer in repeater mode.

Usually, I get a signal of -74, noise of -95, and SNR of 23 or so, and a rate that varies between 2 and 24 Mbps. Every so often, the rate jumps to 54 Mbps or drops to 1. Whenever that happens, I have no Internet access at all.

I also find that several times day I am just disconnected with no signal. If I reboot the WRT54GL, it works fine again until the next time.

I'd like to be able to maintain a more constant rate, and I'd like to stop being disconnected.

Is this a question of a borderline signal, and I need a better antenna, or some area of the settings that I should be tweaking, or ... something else?

Thanks,
Tim
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: