No - Not really
17%
 17%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 80

HowardZ
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Given what Linksys has done to the WRT54s,
I think we should stop buying Linksys products - maybe they will go out of bussiness or stop the bait and switch tactics - Bait with a good model, then castrate it in future versions without changing the model name.
Sponsor
Gymmarn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:26    Post subject: Donated to DD-WRT project Reply with quote
I'd really like to see WRVS4400N support for DD-WRT. I have already donated some money to the DD-WRT team as I really like the support for my WRT54G V2.0 and will donate again if I also can upgrade my WRVS4400N someday :)

Over and out from Sweden.

/Gymmarn
zepikeno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:04    Post subject: WRVS4400N Support Reply with quote
This router deserves dd-wrt firmware support, this would be great with such hardware...
uscallesen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
As I see it DD-WRT needs support for one or more Gigabit routers - might aswell be linksys' top model...
Rekoil
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well it has support for the WRT350N. And the hardware in the WRVS4400N is very complicated. Porting dd-wrt to it would be a challenge to say the least.

Sorry to all you WRVS4400N owners, but I vote no. As it runs on a processor not even supported under OpenWRT, I think it would be a lot of time wasted for BrainSlayer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 16:53    Post subject: PLz PLz PLz Reply with quote
More than will to help with some cash injection for the cause!
vthinsel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would also be very interested in getting dd-wrt running on this great unit. I already have an old WRT54G (v1) up and running for years with dd-wrt. The features introduced by dd-wrt are defenetly great. Having it running on WRVS4400N would be perfect. I know this is a big effort, as the processor is different as well as many other things, but maybe it is the new track linksys will take, who knows ?
Let's see..... anyway, I'll make a donation as I'm very happy with my good old 54G

Bye !

EDIT: donation done...... let's hope it gets used to buy such a nice device for future support !
vthinsel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Things start to move around wrs4400n: it is starting to get hacked according to http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=58720..... the sources for V1.1.03 are readable, but still include precompiled binaries. Is there a template somewhere so we can ask the manufacturers to provide sources (ideally) or more recent complied binaries so it could get into recent kernels used by dd-wrt ?

Maybe i'll make another donation so the team can get one unit..... (already done 30 euros) and...

Best whishes for 2008 !
cramer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm certainly with you; I'd like to see it supported too. However, it's completely alien hardware... nothing in the existing tree supports any part of the hardware. The best I can give you is a linksys kernel+drivers with the DD-WRT userspace (and UI.) You'll probablly end up with exactly the same set of bugs and issues.

(Btw, if there's support for the the WRVS, then the WAP should also be supportable.)

I'm in the middle of making the wrt300n v1.1 work. Once that's done, if someone wants to lend me one to break, err test, I'll be glad to give a few weeks of my time.
eduncan911
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
A user here hacked it.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22577&highlight=wrvs4400n

Bad-ass. Nope, DD-WRT does not support the CPU. But considering the hardware and dual CPUs (yes, it's got two folks - and even runs two operating systems), DD-WRT should considering registering the domain dd-wrts.com.

That's it. I'm selling my WRTs.
vthinsel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
cramer wrote:

I'm in the middle of making the wrt300n v1.1 work. Once that's done, if someone wants to lend me one to break, err test, I'll be glad to give a few weeks of my time.

Well.... any updates on 300n ?

Linksys is taking time to address the issues (DHCP mainly) in the latest firmware fo wrvs4400n. I did a quick check on the available sources and I end-up with the following binaries:

./apps/dhcpd6/advertise.o
./apps/dhcpd6/debug.o
./apps/dhcpd6/leases.o
./apps/dhcpd6/lib.o
./apps/dhcpd6/parse.o
./apps/dhcpd6/reply.o
./apps/dhcpd6/server.o
./apps/diff/wrvs4400n/kris.o
./apps/libs/libflash/flash.o
./apps/libs/libips/ips_sig.o
./apps/libs/libnv/nvram.o
./apps/libs/libscfg/socket_tools.o
./apps/libs/libswitch/lib_switch.o

./apps/LLDP_Med_Public/lldp.o
./apps/LLDP_Med_Public/lldp_ioctl.o
./apps/LLDP_Med_Public/lldp_med.o
./apps/LLDP_Med_Public/lldp_mod.o
./apps/LLDP_Med_Public/lldp_packet.o
./apps/LLDP_Med_Public/lldp_recv.o
./apps/LLDP_Med_Public/lldp_utils.o
./apps/LLDP_Med_Public/lldp_xmit.o
./apps/net-snmp/agent/auto_nlist.o
./apps/net-snmp/agent/mib_modules.o
./apps/net-snmp/snmplib/snmpAAL5PVCDomain.o
./apps/star_lib/star9100_shnat.o
./apps/static_dns/dns_alg.o
./star9109/apps/libs/ap85.o

I bolded what I thought to be the most important, which are show-stopper. Any idea on how to get the sources ? As anyone already succedded in getting them from the manufacturer ?

Any possible mid/long-term support for WRVS4400n ? Unfortunately I'm not a dd-wrt/cross-compile guru :(

V.
eduncan911
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doesn't look like anything has happened. :(

I'll donate $100 if DD-WRT will support the WRVS4400n.

I might have to jump ship to another company if they start.
vthinsel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

The WRS4400N is based on starSemi 9109, 9202 and VSC7385 products. I asked them their Star Linux 2.6 BSP, but unfortunately it is available only for companies.
Quote:
Star’s Linux BSP only for business purpose
The contact was quite friendly though.
Once this part is adressed, there will still be a problem with the WLAN part (marvell topdog).
The product family is here: http://www.starsemi.com.tw/vEng/product.php
More and more SOHO devices use those (Dlink DNS-323 for example, if I'm not wrong.....)

Hoping for support someday, as my WRVS4400N is sleeping in a drawer.

Cheers,
Vincent.
eduncan911
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Isn't the GNU license suppose to force the availability of these such sources?

-E
vthinsel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I guess they have some proprietary parts which are not available for public. Linksys is releasing the GPL sources with compiled modules for those proprietary parts.... It looks like only companies can access the sources. I wasn't able to go that far.

V.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: