Unanswered Posts

deanfarnaby
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:27    Post subject: Unanswered Posts Reply with quote
Hi all,

It seems to me it's a bit of a lottery getting posts answered.

I've supplied all the info I can on my thread, Everything that anyone could ask, I have already supplied the information.

Yet nobody answeres my question, or even attempts to help.

Looking at the "View Unanswered Posts" section there's over 30000 posts without one single reply.(36500 to be exact)

Looking down each catagory you can see the masses of 0 replies. many of these threads have had 100's of views.

Whats going on here? This is actually the highest un-answered post count I've ever seen on the forums I use and this forum is a lot smaller than some I frequent.

DD-WRT is a great piece of software - With better support - you will get a much larger user base . If my question is not answered and I cannot fix. My only choice will be to revert to stock. I'm sure there's 1000's who have done the same. Which, to me is a shame
Sponsor
BasCom
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
most questions are already answered in sticky threads or wiki and most users are too lazy to read them.

the 2nd group of users have questions about really strange and rare configuration they use (like yours (who else uses a superhub ?? never heard about such device )), but no one else does. so there are less answers.

so far: you didnt post your repeater settings. ( N-only, ng mixed, BG and so on.

TL-WR841ND @ BS-build 23919 Client Bridge ( Routed )
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 23:51    Post subject: Re: Unanswered Posts Reply with quote
deanfarnaby wrote:
Hi all,

It seems to me it's a bit of a lottery getting posts answered.

I've supplied all the info I can on my thread, Everything that anyone could ask, I have already supplied the information.

Yet nobody answeres my question, or even attempts to help.

Looking at the "View Unanswered Posts" section there's over 30000 posts without one single reply.(36500 to be exact)

Looking down each catagory you can see the masses of 0 replies. many of these threads have had 100's of views.

Whats going on here? This is actually the highest un-answered post count I've ever seen on the forums I use and this forum is a lot smaller than some I frequent.

DD-WRT is a great piece of software - With better support - you will get a much larger user base . If my question is not answered and I cannot fix. My only choice will be to revert to stock. I'm sure there's 1000's who have done the same. Which, to me is a shame

Please review your 4 other posts in regards to your android device.. everything works, except your android device. Possibly, the android forums may have the answers you seek.

My rule.. If I need to ask a question for basic information that should have been in the post in order to craft a meaningful and possibly helpful response, I don't respond.

For instance..
deanfarnaby wrote:

D-Link 615 D4E DD-WRT (latest release) Repeater mode - 192.168.0.2

"latest release" does not cut it. Some think v24-sp1 is the latest build. What you are running is important as some builds have known issues.

Take a look at the 36511 unanswered posts.. Most (not all), do not have the necessary information I am speaking about. Hence, they go unanswered.

Navigation

Jump to: